exterior sunvisor for G body

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You're talking old school accessories. I've never seen one for a G-body before, only on earlier '40's, '50.s, maybe '60's cars.
You could ask some low rider guys, or get creative and make your own.
I've seen several Elky's in the Pittsburgh area sporting visors back in the late '80's to mid '90's. Those were the "old man" rides back then with other trim on them like the ol' curb feelers & static straps.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In the 80s and 90s it prob more common to see el caminos with visors around here. Naturally it may have been a truck thing. I recall on a trip from mn to Saskatoon seeing alot of new things. Lots of gbodys with the visors and other cars too. Also there was running boards. Cars everywhere with truck running boards including gbodys.

Now the running boards is one modification I don't think I've seen on a G before. Interesting.

I believe it was 95-96. Possibly some of the Canadians here can explain this. ha

Yep, can confirm. It was mostly a Saskatchewan thing back in the 90’s, we affectionately referred to them as “Saskatchewan ground effects”.
😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Yes at one time they seemed to be the rage... not sure if they were trying to protect the body or if they figured it looked good. Never really pursued it. Did buy a couple year old Cutlass for the wife that had them....apparently a doctor had it before us.

1000001154.jpg

Bought an 80 Malibu for part out that had them

1000001153.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Mostly I’d only seen them on El Camino’s. Can’t remember the gentleman on here had seen one in a salvage yard. I very much doubt they make them now. They were the same mounting system as they did with the pickups.
Drill a pilot hole and put a rubber washer with a nut insert that compressed and sealed as well as held the visor on. Most people I think added silicone as an extra precaution on leaks. You might be able to use a salvage yard search engine to find one. Or ask some of the G Body parts companies sponsored here if they know of a place.

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I've seen several Elky's in the Pittsburgh area sporting visors back in the late '80's to mid '90's. Those were the "old man" rides back then with other trim on them like the ol' curb feelers & static straps.
Curb feelers. Now there’s a JC Whitney part I remember! Goes with the anti static straps.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Curb feelers. Now there’s a JC Whitney part I remember! Goes with the anti static straps.
Those I'm familiar with, but seeing the pics of running boards on a G was definitely a first.

• Agree

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Nope can’t explain it , I do remember the trend though
Came right after installing leaky sun roof and double bladed windshield wipers lol

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Nope can’t explain it , I do remember the trend though
Came right after installing leaky sun roof and double bladed windshield wipers lol
double-bladed? I'd forgotten all about those! but I do remember when they were selling those little clip-on wings to force the blades down onto the windshield

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor