F150 Flare Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
I need your guy's help on making a choice. I am in need of money and recently put my F-150 up for sale for the second time. The first time I put it up for sale it needed almost 1000 in work to get it road ready. I had some one come to look at the truck and when they took it for a test drive I knew at that point that I couldn't sell it. On top of that The day I took it to the shop I stumbled on a Street Trucks magazine at work which got me dead set on slamming and air baggin' it so I bought the Magazine. Before that day and since I have never seen a Street Trucks Magazine for sale at any needs store. I also found out the truck was made the same month I was born so this truck means so much to me.

I have since put so much money into and have spent my whole senior year of high school boarding and going from house to house so I could go to my new school and work so I could make money to put it on the road. I've gotten a loan to get the money to fix it and I'm on my second loan that was used to help finish it. All it needs now is the body work finished and the head gasket replaced then the box put back on.

My main issue is I need money so badly that I'm pretty much below the poverty line and the truck is a quick sell and cash for me but I have the plan for how it will look already planned out and how I can make this truck stand out from others so it can eventually land a magazine cover.

I want to know what you guys think I should do. Sell the truck and get the money or keep it and find some other way to make the money I need?

This is the truck
http://pei.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ca ... Z458166846

suffrn6

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2011
saint john, nb canada
I would say part with the truck to help get your finances back in order. Then maybe in a few years you will be able to find another truck that is in better shape. Just my 2 cents.

Chris

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'd sell it and I would remove this from the add " but I'm in a jam and need the cash".....your setting yourself up for lowballers

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
I dont know how desperate you are,but if it only needs a head gasket and transmission seal, i would keep it.at least get it running and drivable.If you got a truck you can always make money with it,if your willing to do a little hard work.

Mikes84GP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2012
Maryland
I've never been a big fan of dropped pre-97 F150s. Now the Lightning looked great, but that was about it for that generation of trucks.

Now the late 90's flareside f150s are another story. They look great with a drop, and they also ride much better than the old I-beam setup, in my opinion.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Sounds like you want us to tell you to throw more good money after bad. You're too young to be going in debt over something like this. Unfortunately, you aren't going to get your money back out of it. I'd suggest fixing the head gasket and selling it. Finish school and get established. Get a good job and a house, then go looking for your dream project. I know it sucks -- I've been there.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
Hey guys. Thanks for the input. I was mulling the choice over all night. I though about selling the F-150 and trying to find another flare side down the road as suggested but I've found its a hard body style to find the f-150 flare side ext. cab.

Plus as stated before this truck (and most of our g bodies )is like smoking. It costs me a lot and has been bad for my health but it's hard to quit lol.

Good news is I have the first loan debt paid off for the truck and about the 1/2 of the second loan but I'm in need of money for rent credit card debt and an automotive issue I've had but may be less expensive than I thought to fix. I've been tight with money for the past year due to college n almost zero hours of work but I started a Taxi job and the pay is good, in adition I've had some one look into my ad for my 1990 2wd S10 with 141xxx km's so I may have a couple extra bucks from that so I can pay off the debt that's been holding me down and keep my truck.

Also here is a photo of why I'm so keen to keep the truck so I can make it into a truck that will look much more unique than these plus the 9th gen f-150 is rarely dropped so I love the uniqueness of the project so far.

Again thank you guys for the input and I'll let you know how it works out.

Attachments

• f150bagged.jpg
    f150bagged.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 990
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor