Not open for further replies.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut

Mr Monte

n00b
Dec 10, 2014
I am going to use a tank from a 4.3 EFI Monte in my 87 Monte, i have a fuel pump and sending unit from Race tronix its a direct fit complete with an fittings and fuel pump.

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
image.jpeg
I appreciate all the feedback. I thought about the external but I want to keep it in tank to keep it quiet and keep the pump cooler with the fuel.
I used the Efi Monte tank with my swap got it for 180 and GN sending unit was 55 and I'm using a 2015 Toyota Camry fuel pump ( free ) makes great pressure and should last 100,000 miles .. Only issue I noticed is the new aftermarket tanks don't fill so well and will spit back at you .. So you have to fill your tank slowly .. From what I read that seems to be a complaint from others as well

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I appreciate all the feedback. I thought about the external but I want to keep it in tank to keep it quiet and keep the pump cooler with the fuel.

When I do go to efi I think I may do this aeromotive fuel system along with the fitech efi. Just have to put a few pennies away.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/aei...M1SuhYmdKq0i_4V_sXwCC00jZcgcUJKbQYaApqn8P8HAQ

I do get that you want the pump in the tank, but the noise from a properly, repeat properly, installed external pump is the same or less than one running in a 1/4 full fuel tank. And unless you are running a completely stock exhaust and have added a resonator, then you won't hear the pump with the car running.We never worry about that as we are generally in 70-100 decibal range with our exhaust systems - lol.

View attachment 50044
I used the Efi Monte tank with my swap got it for 180 and GN sending unit was 55 and I'm using a 2015 Toyota Camry fuel pump ( free ) makes great pressure and should last 100,000 miles .. Only issue I noticed is the new aftermarket tanks don't fill so well and will spit back at you .. So you have to fill your tank slowly .. From what I read that seems to be a complaint from others as well

With the in tank pump program in mind, reliability, part availability and cost that areomtive pumped you linked is one SALTY option for a 200 lph pump - yikes - almost $500 without a filter???? Dirtyratt's option is some cheaper, and it sounds like it passes the reliability and parts availibility requirements. And I'd assume that it should be able to supply enough fuel for a stockish build.

Good luck - Jim

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
View attachment 50044

Was it a new efi tank line a spectra? I looked at those they are 310 at rockauto with the sender And I think it's s good deal just need a high volume pump. I hear they are not baffled well for the pump did you find that to be the case?

The gbody parts tank is also a great option.

I do get that you want the pump in the tank, but the noise from a properly, repeat properly, installed external pump is the same or less than one running in a 1/4 full fuel tank. And unless you are running a completely stock exhaust and have added a resonator, then you won't hear the pump with the car running.We never worry about that as we are generally in 70-100 decibal range with our exhaust systems - lol.

With the in tank pump program in mind, reliability, part availability and cost that areomtive pumped you linked is one SALTY option for a 200 lph pump - yikes - almost $500 without a filter???? Dirtyratt's option is some cheaper, and it sounds like it passes the reliability and parts availibility requirements. And I'd assume that it should be able to supply enough fuel for a stockish build.

Good luck - Jim

Thanks Jim

I probably wouldn't hear the pump either my car is a bit loud as well :D

I called aeromotive and they gave me a parts list for fittings filter and such. It'll be close the same as a complete set up from from tanks Inc. And the tank is included.

Lots of great info from you guys.

Thanks again,

Joe

Reactions: 1 user

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
um not sure what brand it was I got it through advance auto using there 30% off code.. The tank is baffled as its for the 4.3 Monte Carlo that had fuel injection .. It may be a little primitive looking but there are baffles in there.. I have done a few pretty good burn outs and slides and not noticed it cut out once ;) .. Our small Camry pump puts out 240lph we do make a one that does 260.. But I had lots of the 240s so I tried it and it holds 60 lbs all day long using the corvette filter .. I can look back at the receipts if you need the part number for the tank

Reactions: 1 user

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
um not sure what brand it was I got it through advance auto using there 30% off code.. The tank is baffled as its for the 4.3 Monte Carlo that had fuel injection .. It may be a little primitive looking but there are baffles in there.. I have done a few pretty good burn outs and slides and not noticed it cut out once ;) .. Our small Camry pump puts out 240lph we do make a one that does 260.. But I had lots of the 240s so I tried it and it holds 60 lbs all day long using the corvette filter .. I can look back at the receipts if you need the part number for the tank

If you can get the number that would be great! I will start accumulating parts soon for the efi after i put in my 200-4R.

dirtyratt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2015
If you can get the number that would be great! I will start accumulating parts soon for the efi after i put in my 200-4R.
GM306c it was a spectra tank .. It was 156 after discount .. Shipping is free .. I will send you the discount code in a PM for the 30 off

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor