Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to release

What type of finish would you like to see on a Hurst Olds Shifter Plate?

• All Black out option with white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering ONLY

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Original Factory Burlwood finish with Gold OUTLINING Trim (original look)

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • Silver finish with Black Trim & white "LIGHTNING RODS" lettering

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
Re: Factory Hurst Licensed H/O Shifter Plates soon to releas

tobyp said:
1985_mcss said:
How much will the shifter plates be and how soon will they be available?

I am pushing my American vendor to get them out soon. As mentioned since they will be Hurst Licensed we have to nail down the quality to a "T"

We are hoping to retail the top plates for $49.00-$59.00 We will know more soon. This is just an estimate. It may be less or a little more. Turn around time will be quick once approved since they will come from Detroit.
Was curious to see what they cost new so I went to GM parts collision reference book, unfortunately they didn't have the lightning rod top plate listed but still the 3/4 spd standard ones weren't that bad on the pocket book. So that's cool for all of us Cutlass owners & poor folks such as myself. I'd still have to buy a black one from you if available in just black and a teak wood one from Angelo since I wanna keep my 86-88 correct woodgrain dash pieces. 8)
IMG_7697.jpg

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812

Cutty1 said:
what about non hurst style auto's possible make?
The shifter handle for the Standard automatic was approved Yesterday I belive or Tuesday. All colors are being produced. I think I did leave the red & brown out as our records showed we sold under 10. This was due to of availability from GM.
Complete factory plastic chrome ring shifters should be available shortly.

The stalks we actually reproduced in Stainless that once polished look chrome. We sell about 6-8 shorty style shifters a month. This is perfect for the person who has broken the shifter stalk.
Right now there are plenty of used shifter assemblies on the market. The Buick & Olds shared this same shifter.
GBP has already reproduced the parts in aluminum to make a bare shifter handle complete. This strengthens a factory handle in more of a trans brake race application where your pulling hard on the shifter.
The J-rod spring & the adjuster are rebuilt.
The detent brackets are built for a stage right trans brake & factory 4 speed. We also have a shifter detent built for a Turbo 400 with reverse manual valve bodies.
If I can help you with any of this let me know.

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX

I know this is an old post but are these top plates available?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

Sorry guys been a little busy lately.

Here is the scoop. Had it made in USA. Needed the cut and vacuumed gold plating and screen printing done a certain way. USA MFG could not get it done correct, nor was it important on their priority list. Scheduled to see them at SEMA to fix issues, they could not make the meeting arrangements happen. Pulled the job from them that evening and the next day sent to Taiwan. That was three weeks ago. Today I get this message already. It will now be done soon. Sad isnt it? I guess America is too used to getting sh*t for free and not trying to get business anymore.

Hi Toby,

I have meeting with the factory, they now 100% know what you need.

We also design a good idea for the cut on right side, it wouldn't let the cut look poor.

Will give you a complete report next week.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

Sorry guys been a little busy lately.

Here is the scoop. Had it made in USA. Needed the cut and vacuumed gold plating and screen printing done a certain way. USA MFG could not get it done correct, nor was it important on their priority list. Scheduled to see them at SEMA to fix issues, they could not make the meeting arrangements happen. Pulled the job from them that evening and the next day sent to Taiwan. That was three weeks ago. Today I get this message already. It will now be done soon. Sad isnt it? I guess America is too used to getting sh*t for free and not trying to get business anymore.

Hi Toby,

I have meeting with the factory, they now 100% know what you need.

We also design a good idea for the cut on right side, it wouldn't let the cut look poor.

Will give you a complete report next week.

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX

Awsome. I need one of these and matching ashtry door.

83hurstguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2010
Kansas City

Ran into that same issue before in manufacturing... not surprised.

Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor