Fair price for 2wd Blazer spindles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Mr.UNGN The prices you have on these parts are they for s-10 is that what you ask for at a parts house? Sorry for the dumb question I am looking for upgrading mine too.thank you hope you have a blessed day
You would look up parts for Chevy Blazer 2wd. The S10 stuff is the same as our cars. The spindles are 2wd specific, but the calipers will work from either 2wd or 4x4.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mr.UNGN The prices you have on these parts are they for s-10 is that what you ask for at a parts house? Sorry for the dumb question I am looking for upgrading mine too.thank you hope you have a blessed day
Mr. Griffin,
The parts that he quoted are for a '98-'03) Blazer, not an S-10. The S-10 spindles are like the stock G-body parts.

• Agree

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

Those prices are ballpark Rockauto prices for a 2000 2wd Blazer. Maybe add $25 for shipping.

Calipers are about $60/each including core charge, 11" no frills rotors less than $20/each, good ceramic no name pads are $10, Hoses are $6 each,

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Mr. Griffin,
The parts that he quoted are for a '98-'03) Blazer, not an S-10. The S-10 spindles are like the stock G-body parts.
THANK YOU GUY'S Really appreciate the info and the speedy response.!!! You guy's rock.!!!

86MCLS

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2018
Bothell, WA
It all depends where you live.

$66 Spindles/Hubs /Bracket
$120 New Calipers
$40 New Rotors
$10 Ceramic Pads
$15 New Hoses

About $250 fo upgrade to 11" brakes with dual piston calipers. If your stock brakes needed fixing, anyway, this is only about $100-$150 more than that would cost, for much better braking and the ability to go bigger in the future without having to pull the spindles off the car to modify them.

Exactly right, depends on where you live. Here in the Pacific Northwest people think you HAVE to have a 4WD truck or SUV otherwise you'll die. Of course many never even click the T-case in to 4 Hi let alone 4 Lo, but that aside...

I spent about a month searching the yards within a very wide radius. Checked CL and every other resource looking for a 2WD being parted out. Saw that the knuckles were in extreme high demand on eBay so I decided to just bite the bullet. So rather than the $50-$100/pair including hubs I could've paid at a junkyard I paid $199 for a bare pair of knuckles. Also bought new hubs rather than trying to find used ones for the same reason why I bought the knuckles (plus peace of mind having new parts).

I also bought drilled/slotted rotors rather than plain ones, so that adds cost. I bought middle of the road ceramic pads rather than the cheapest ones. So regardless of the source & cost of the knuckles, I spent more than just the bare minimum on parts. The head scratching part was, since I was already upgrading parts, was it worth it to not go the Wilwood route. But that's just a personal thing.

Mr.P

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 27, 2018
Same here. Checked every yard in a 300 mile radius, all 4WD. I went ahead & bought a $200 pair from camsmirrors on eBay. They didn't have caliper brackets or hubs but they are what I need and the $200 included Priority Mail shipping and they were already cleaned & painted. Sure it's more than Pick N Pull but that doesn't mean jack sh*t if there are none to be had at the cheaper price.
I agree with you on that because l’ve look ever were for the spindles and rear disc brakes set up and all I found was 4wd thank goodness for timo.

• Creative

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Exactly right, depends on where you live. Here in the Pacific Northwest people think you HAVE to have a 4WD truck or SUV otherwise you'll die. Of course many never even click the T-case in to 4 Hi let alone 4 Lo, but that aside...

I spent about a month searching the yards within a very wide radius. Checked CL and every other resource looking for a 2WD being parted out. Saw that the knuckles were in extreme high demand on eBay so I decided to just bite the bullet. So rather than the $50-$100/pair including hubs I could've paid at a junkyard I paid $199 for a bare pair of knuckles. Also bought new hubs rather than trying to find used ones for the same reason why I bought the knuckles (plus peace of mind having new parts).

I also bought drilled/slotted rotors rather than plain ones, so that adds cost. I bought middle of the road ceramic pads rather than the cheapest ones. So regardless of the source & cost of the knuckles, I spent more than just the bare minimum on parts. The head scratching part was, since I was already upgrading parts, was it worth it to not go the Wilwood route. But that's just a personal thing.

Its roughly north or south of Interstate 40. South of I-40 2wd blazers are plentiful. North of I-40, not so much. In texas there are 3 in every picknpull and they are on a 4 month crush cycle so they are constantly replenished.

Last edited:

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
:cool: I just happened to be going by a yard when they pulled one in. I turned around went in and the guy said he didn't have the paper work for it yet. Then the flat bed driver came in with the paper work and I got both spindles, rotors, and calipers for $100.00 and they took them off. Deal of the day. One side had a new wheel bearing.

• Creative
Reactions: 4 users

Mr.P

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 27, 2018
Same here. Checked every yard in a 300 mile radius, all 4WD. I went ahead & bought a $200 pair from camsmirrors on eBay. They didn't have caliper brackets or hubs but they are what I need and the $200 included Priority Mail shipping and they were already cleaned & painted. Sure it's more than Pick N Pull but that doesn't mean jack sh*t if there are none to be had at the cheaper price.
I agree with you on that because l’ve look ever were for the spindles and rear disc brakes set up and all I found was 4wd thank goodness for timo.
:cool: I just happened to be going by a yard when they pulled one in. I turned around went in and the guy said he didn't have the paper work for it yet. Then the flat bed driver came in with the paper work and I got both spindles, rotors, and calipers for $100.00 and they took them off. Deal of the day. One side had a new wheel bearing.
Hey now that’s a deal that you can’t loose with

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor