BUILD THREAD #FamilyBurnoutWagon (1983 Malibu Wagon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
What's with the funky plate on the damper snout? Is that an LT4?
View attachment 99361
The engine is an L31 block originally from a 1998 chevy pickup. The L31 came with a roller cam, vortec heads, and fuel injection. That plate is for the crank position sensor. It's not necessary but I left it in case I want to use it later if I lose my mind and go fuel injection.

Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
I appreciate informative videos also and I can always use guidance with AC since I have never done one and will be doing installs for both my Monte and Regal.
I have a video on doing AC service in my signature.

Reactions: 1 user
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
I tried to go for the 'beadlock wheel bolt pattern' look. Either way, the engine had outgrown the stock hood profile.
IMG_5658.JPG

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
As much as I like your videos, I am hard-of-hearing and it is hard to fallow close captioning. I would rather read and follow pictures. Either way keep up the good work.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
went through the video thread, and I'm loving it! I like how you have it geared towards the DIY'er that may be somewhat scared with limited skill, to get out and try it...I've been considering an 8.8 swap for either the grand prix or the cutty, and you gave me the things to look outfor and how -to measurements to do a correct install!

love the car! digging the blanket headliner, even though it's not my style (wouldn't mind them in seat covers though!), loving you haven't tried pulling out the dents in the rear, making it a true grocery getter sleeper! keep the vids coming! :popcorn:

Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
The newest saga in the FamilyBurnoutWagon build. Tubular core support.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I must admit, I had to look into exactly Why to do this. All their website says is "light weight and adjustable height"

Now, I understand.

Keep up the good work!

-Gonz

Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Here is the video for the hood scoop on the FamilyBurnoutWagon. take a look at the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor