RACING Fastest Drag race Forum cars!

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Went to the track to get an NHRA license today. These are the last 4 runs after making the 1st 4 slow runs. Pedaled on every run, The 2nd slip from the left and the one on the right I pedaled twice. SMH.

View attachment 201155
Did u get an Arb installed?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Glad you said that... I was about to get all judgy about your inconsistencies after the very consistent 60' times. LOL

Thing is booking.
I had it turned don so far from where it's been in the past. I was shocked to see it run the speeds it did. I've hit at 18 degrees and 9psi last year, and this was at 3-3.5 psi and 11 degrees and spun like heck. And it should be much more capable than the 21-22 psi I was running in those 4 runs. At some point I'll be aiming for 30-35, just in small steps.

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I had it turned don so far from where it's been in the past. I was shocked to see it run the speeds it did. I've hit at 18 degrees and 9psi last year, and this was at 3-3.5 psi and 11 degrees and spun like heck. And it should be much more capable than the 21-22 psi I was running in those 4 runs. At some point I'll be aiming for 30-35, just in small steps.

Can you rig up what the Japanese call a boost scramble button? It's like a NOS button on the wheel, but when you hit it it ups your boost. Seems you could run it low to get out of the gate and send it once it hooks. Sounds like an easier solution to an inconsistent car/driver than relying on it doing the same thing every time.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Can you rig up what the Japanese call a boost scramble button? It's like a NOS button on the wheel, but when you hit it it ups your boost. Seems you could run it low to get out of the gate and send it once it hooks. Sounds like an easier solution to an inconsistent car/driver than relying on it doing the same thing every time.
Yup. I’ve messed with it a little bit and it works. I can put it on the same switch as the bump switch and it only activated when the car is moving.

I have it in the factory cruise set switch. The cruise on/off has to be on, then it’s active.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Making some jam to trap 140! Nice work!

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Read it and weep, ladies.
getPart 4_zpsr9avksug.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I tried swearing at it, I tried spitting at it, 305 gave no ****s.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor