RACING Fastest Drag race Forum cars!

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

Well pump in a date and see how it compares to your Weather Dominator machine doohickey.

We will have to circle back to this.

Meanwhile I'll continue to mistrust institutions.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This new thing called Fall air?
That helped, but I figured out the shocks yesterday ( a big thanks to wingnutks for that), but I figured out how to make full boost midway through 1st gear. The best I’ve done previously was a 1/2 second into 2nd. I’ll try to get a video posted - I was able to wrinkle the tires to the 60’

Tomorrow is ‘All The Boost’ Friday, which means I’m close to the trailer haha.

Reactions: 4 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
That helped, but I figured out the shocks yesterday ( a big thanks to wingnutks for that), but I figured out how to make full boost midway through 1st gear. The best I’ve done previously was a 1/2 second into 2nd. I’ll try to get a video posted - I was able to wrinkle the tires to the 60’

The key to full boost in the top of first is nitrous. For all you sloppy hot siders out there.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

I've helped people go faster in the past and had it bite me in the @$s too.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Ran out of fuel enough to have it break up twice on the 1st run. Fuel pressure dropped to high 50’s and just tickled my fuel pressure safety which dropped a couple degrees of timing. For the second run I added a couple degrees of timing coming off the trans brake and took out. 1.5 psi of boost.

Hard to believe, but I went faster with less boost. I’m guessing because of the couple of split seconds of misfires on the first run. The fuel pressure dipped twice in the second run, but only 2-3 psi rather than darn near 20.

So, in a nutshell, I’ve found the limit of my twin AEM400’s - I need more fuel pump. At this moment I’m not sure how I’m going to accomplish that.

@wingnutz still has me by a couple of hundo’s though - I tried.

575CA843-3CC8-4E1C-917F-5F2E3ABC2126.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Ran out of fuel enough to have it break up twice on the 1st run. Fuel pressure dropped to high 50’s and just tickled my fuel pressure safety which dropped a couple degrees of timing. For the second run I added a couple degrees of timing coming off the trans brake and took out. 1.5 psi of boost.

Hard to believe, but I went faster with less boost. I’m guessing because of the couple of split seconds of misfires on the first run. The fuel pressure dipped twice in the second run, but only 2-3 psi rather than darn near 20.

So, in a nutshell, I’ve found the limit of my twin AEM400’s - I need more fuel pump. At this moment I’m not sure how I’m going to accomplish that.

@wingnutz still has me by a couple of hundo’s though - I tried.

View attachment 207471
Check voltage before you blame pumps. I will update the thread. Nice work!

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor