Favorite Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I like a LOT of the new stuff and there is a huge music scene going on in Brooklyn and Long island City. The Indie Darkroom was a Godsend for me. These songs are a few years old but big favorites of mine. When WRXP went off the air for good all the DJ's gathered round for a send-off and the last song played was this by Death Cab For Cutie. And I am always a sucker for Jenny Lewis especially when she was with Rilo Kiley.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
While I was stationed in Brooklyn in '73 I bought the Faces album "Ooh La La" at the PX. Awesome! I always liked Faces but I heard rumors they may break up. In August '74 I arrived in Germany for an all expense paid vacation on Uncle Sam. I got aclimated pretty quick and in October lo and behold Faces were playing right there in Nurnburg at the Meistersingerhalle. Of course I went and man I was not disappointed! They kicked *ss! This was right when Rod Stewart began the fringey vest/bedazzled pants phase. But what a tight band. It turns out "Ooh La La" was the last effort from them and sadly they did break up soon after. But I got to enjoy them live surrounded by screaming German kids and crazy GI's!

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Someone commented "If I die and go to Heaven- Please let there be an 80's section".

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mark,
Here's a tune you might remember from the Small Faces. This is pre-Rod Stewart's Faces. I know I'm showing my age.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes Jack- I was there too. Wow are we getting old! This was a favorite of mine.

• Winner

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Jack I know where you were on Saturday afternoons. You were watching "Where The Action Is!", like I was. Very hard to find any footage of that show. But here are the Raiders on Shindig I believe. After '67 when some personell changed. As big as they were, they made a lot of even better albums later on that few know about.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow! Mark,
Talk about a trip down memory lane. Man, I liked the Searchers.... One of the early British invasion groups. That song brings me back to my junior high school days.
I remember "Where the action is" and Shindig.
Here's another oldie but goodie. The early days of Van Morrison with Them. How about the Yardbirds with Jeff Beck on guitar

Last edited:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I know Jack- what happened to us? We used to have lots of fun doing absolutely nothing! I guess it was a different world then. How about this early Ted Nugent? This was a strange album- "Journey To The Center Of The Mind".

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor