Favorite Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I like a wide variety of music. The Band, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Chuck Berry. I like some Country, the Charlie Daniels Band, The Highwaymen. I also love Motown. The Temptations, the Commodores, Sam Cooke, the Jackson 5. I like a few new-ish bands too, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, older Green Day. I like Randy Newman, not sure what genre you'd consider him.

I think I'm maybe the only person in the world who doesn't like the Beatles. They are just too overplayed, and the songs that aren't overplayed are too weird or druggie for me. Also not a fan of Pink Floyd, again too strung out for me.

Reactions: 1 users

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Also not a fan of Pink Floyd...
I thought I was the only one.

I seem to rotate in and out of a handful of the same bands. I'll binge for a while then shelf them for a year or two but always seem to come back.
As a child of the Grunge era, a lot on my list would be pretty predictable. My favorite among them was Screaming Trees, in spite of never really liking their one "hit". Frontman Mark Lanegan is very prolific and has collaborated with dozens of artists over the years including stints as a member of Queens of the Stone Age and Mad Season.

Also Clutch
And The Company Band (Clutch, Fu Manchu collaboration)

Johnny Cash

Reverend Horton Heat

Fugazi

QOTSA

I've made the observation that most of my favorites are best enjoyed while drinking whiskey alone in the shop. Read into that any way you see fit.

• Winner

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
In the mid early sixties you were either a Beatles, Rolling Stones or Dave Clark 5 fan.

• Agree

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
He's been gone a long time...

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
He's been gone a long time...
What a terrible loss. He was undoubtedly one of the all time greats. I believe it was 28 yrs ago that we lost Stevie. He was supposed to do a gig at one of the state fairs.... I think it was Wisconsin. We were driving my wagon to visit family in Minnesota when we heard the news on the radio. I was shocked and saddened .:cry:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
I love me some heavy metal guitars, especially when paired with thundering drums. This means I like most of the mainstream usual suspects--Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Metallica (but never Alternica) and so on. It also means I own albums by dozens of lesser-known bands such as Armored Saint, Grim Reaper, W.A.S.P., etc.

But if one were to look at my music collection and rate my favorite band by largest number of albums owned, my top group is definitely Running Wild. Pirate Metal FTW!!!

Three songs, chosen at random:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
All you rock n' rollers should know that without the 1920's-30's Jazz period there would be no rock. Guys like Robert Johnson and Fats Waller were tearing up the joints long before electric guitars and synthesizers. I owe a huge debt to the late Rich Conaty who's radio show on WFUV "The Big Broadcast" played this music every Sunday night for 40 years. His fond name for it was "Little Rascals Music". We can all relate to that. This is one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor