Favorite G-Body Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gp console and dash with fake wood trim replaced with engineturned aluminum. Lightning rods instead of regular floor shifter.

Pair that with the siegler seats and gn steering wheels.

Put it in a malibu or elky.

Perfect car.

I am not a fan of the fake wood treatment on the GP. I like the Monte Carlo LS with the Black color but would prefer the full set of gauges the SS had, mine only has the speedometer and fuel. The only thing I would change on the center counsel is to add the lightning shiftier.

One usability change I made was to buy the cup holders from Mikes Monties that slide into the rails the ashtray uses. I like to take long trips (4+ hours) and having a water bottle is nice. Other than that my sunglasses live there. That said these are designed to be removed so the ashtray can be slid in with no modifications.

IMO you can't compete with the Cutlass interior.
GP's are too bulky and Regal/Monte Dashes are just plain ugly.
I know a guy swapping a Cutlass dash into a Regal for that very reason...
I want to say the '83 H/O sand gray is the nicest of them all but there are a few that top that IMO.
The nicest interior would have to be the Carmine '78 Cutlass interior that isn't faded.
I saw one in a very rare 5-speed option car that was just plain stunning.
Next for me would have to be a Waxberry '82 interior, extremely rare and has a very unique look to it.
My final pick would be a black vinyl '80 442 interior.

Reactions: RustRocket
Favorite interior view is out the front windshield 🙂

My 2 favs are the '78 GP with the silver face gauges & viscount buckets....such as mine, and then the rare saddle SS interior with buckets/console. I can live with any g-body that has the buckets/console. I'm not a fan of bench seats at all.
stock interior.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 425
  • IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    954.3 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    1,005 KB · Views: 503
Does anyone know if the GP door panels fit on ElCamino doors? I like the Pontiac door panels. Or do all the G body interior panels interchange?

The 78-80 black vinyl interior from the cutlass/hurst/442 is the best.

The 85-87 black 442 should have had that interior. Here's a pic of s 79 H/O

Attachments

• 125541_Interior_Web.jpeg
    125541_Interior_Web.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 2,881
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor