Favortie car movies and car chase scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
I'd have to give the origonal gone in 60 seconds from 1974 some credit. it was a good movie, it's the 2000 version with nicolas cage that sucked

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
There was a common thread in three of the best chases-Bill Hickman. He drove the Charger in Bullitt, The Big Pontiac in Seven-ups, as well as the LeMans in French Connection, though you never see him on camera. Considering the poor suspension, tires and brakes of those 70's cars, he must have been one helluva driver.

Bill

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
2fit661ca said:
I'd have to give the origonal gone in 60 seconds from 1974 some credit. it was a good movie, it's the 2000 version with nicolas cage that sucked
Those are the ones i am referring to, the one with vin diesel and nic cage. Those ones suck! I haven't seen the 74' version.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
I cant really think of any good ones right now, but i can think of a terrible one. A movie called " The Chase " with Charlie Sheen. He car jacks some chicks bmw ( i think thats what happens ) with her still in it. During this whole police chase he not only forms some kind of intimate relationship with her, but acutally manages to BANG her while going like 100 mph's with cops all around :rofl: . I know its a movie and all movie chase scenes are ridiculous, but this one was just too over the top.

WAIT!!!! just thought of one. Mad Max Road Warrior ( the 2nd one) tons of good chase scenes in that movie, but espically the one at the end. Damn that movies awesome!!!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I can't believe noone has mentioned this one... :roll:
The_Blues_Brothers_Black_and_White_.jpg

I mean, c'mon guys, it's one of the few movies that us guys can cry at, and not feel ashamed! look at all that vintage metal getting totaled out! :mrgreen:

and I can't believe that 85 brougham, with his affection for the original MINI's, that he hasn't brought up the original "ITALIAN JOB"! I remember seeing that one when I was younger, and those mini's made a HUGE impression on me!

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
The first GONE IN 60 Seconds and Steve McQueen in BULLITT also VANISHING POINT and MAD MAX. I wanted a blower like that..maybe someday, when I hit the lottery..

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

elliottw

Apprentice
May 26, 2009
north dakota
Death Proof for the car chases and cars
Dazed and Confused for sweet cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor