Status
Not open for further replies.

el_sonoma

Greasemonkey
Apr 4, 2009
Pemberton, BC
Carlola said:
Sea to sky highway from Vancouver to Whistler with my friends CCR
I've driven this road in cars and trucks, taken the bus, even rode the train, but is best on a motorbike.
Not quite the same since some of the nasty curves were taken out with the recent rebuild but, is more pleasurable now.

Still, my most memorable route is Highway 225, north out of Elko, Nevada to Mountain Home, Idaho.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
My favorite road would have to be The dragon it's great for testing all suspension upgrades and engine upgrades really pushes the car and it's just a great road to drive scenery and all
323d6c1a.jpg

85ss808

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2010
Kapolei, HI
H3 on Oahu is pretty sick- it's a 4 lane elevated split-level going through the tunnel in the Ko'olau mountains down to the east coast. This one's fun to open it up on. Also, Waimea Canyon Drive on Kauai was pretty awesome too- although this one could only be done with a rented Malibu- it gave a good excuse to exercise the paddle shifters though :twisted:

81X11

Master Mechanic
Oct 28, 2010
Round Rock Texas
83hurst-olds said:
My favorite so far has been the Blue Ridge Parkway from Southern WV to Asheville area. We thought it would be a beautiful relaxing drive. For me, it was fun place to try out my new old "Hurst Olds". Here's a pic from it:

BlueRidge.jpg

I've always wanted to drive that road, and I can't thing of a neater car to have done that in! Great pic!

-Mike

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I can't remember the rt # but that road that goes between El Paso Texas and Alamagordo New Mexico is pretty cool. We used to make that run when we had a Sunday with nothing to do and some coin in our pockets. Awesome scenery and the prize at the end was burritos and beer at this little joint outside of town.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
81X11 said:
83hurst-olds said:
My favorite so far has been the Blue Ridge Parkway from Southern WV to Asheville area. We thought it would be a beautiful relaxing drive. For me, it was fun place to try out my new old "Hurst Olds". Here's a pic from it:

BlueRidge.jpg

I've always wanted to drive that road, and I can't thing of a neater car to have done that in! Great pic!

-Mike

Thanks, I appreciate it. I did think it would be a relaxing drive in the country, but that road can be quite a rush, especially after dark with deer everywhere. 8)

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I have to agree on the Blue Ridge Parkway also. My wife and I traveled it on our way back down here from her home town, Brockport, NY, last summer. Not real great for high speed thrill driving but very beautiful.

azmalibuwagon

Master Mechanic
Sep 18, 2009
Phoenix
I'm surprised to see that I've driven many of the US roads already mentioned- Alamagordo, Kerrville ( I think I would like to live there), Salt River, I-40, I-75, and even Waimea!, liked them all. Lots more places still to see, but so far Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway is my favorite. I hope to drive the whole length of it sometime.

I lived the first 35 years of my life in West Virginia and you never run out of curvy roads and great scenery there (although those old coal-camp towns in PA, WV, and KY are really ugly this time of year, with gray sky, gray hills, gray smoke coming from gray houses, dirty gray-looking cars, yuck).

Around May when everything is turning green and again in September when the leaves have turned but are still on the trees are the best times in the Applachian Mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor