GBOTM Feb. '21 Entries - "Sleepers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
True, but I meant more from a visual standpoint. Most "sleepers" are given away by our seeming need for loud exhaust. Personally, I'd like to see somebody develop a dead quiet fast car, but see above. Look at how many threads there are about exhaust note on any forum.

I'll play devil's advocate here, how many piped turds do you encounter on a daily basis?

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'll play devil's advocate here, how many piped turds do you encounter on a daily basis?
I'm thick as a brick, gonna need a simpleton's version of the question.

Most noisy stuff here is diesel or late Mustang/Charger/Challenger

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm thick as a brick, gonna need a simpleton's version of the question.

Most noisy stuff here is diesel or late Mustang/Charger/Challenger

What I'm saying is that people love slapping glass packs or straight pipes on otherwise bone stock gutless wonders. They're basically anti-sleepers. They should deflect attention off of an otherwise rumbly real sleeper.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
What I'm saying is that people love slapping glass packs or straight pipes on otherwise bone stock gutless wonders. They're basically anti-sleepers. They should deflect attention off of an otherwise rumbly real sleeper.
Glasspaks are pretty much the domain of old guys with Chevy pik-m-ups here. Honestly can't recall the last time I heard anything non-stockish on a car other than those ANNOYING brappy Mustang systems. And of course the usual asian fartboxes, which I don't think anybody even looks at anymore.

Honestly, I think the biggest offenders are the "work" trucks with rotted-off mufflers, usually GM trucks and Econolines

Sometimes, I miss annual inspections. I guess we learn to live with it

• Agree

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
It's a sleeper unless it's running...
:p

I want to know more about EFI on a Buck Big Block!
It's a Holley sniper and car runs, idles, responds much quicker. Easy to install.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
True, but I meant more from a visual standpoint. Most "sleepers" are given away by our seeming need for loud exhaust. Personally, I'd like to see somebody develop a dead quiet fast car, but see above. Look at how many threads there are about exhaust note on any forum.
Or an old guy who values the remains of his hearing...🤪

• Haha

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It's a Holley sniper and car runs, idles, responds much quicker. Easy to install.
I dug in your post history and it does not go back to a build thread. Looking forward to finding it...

I now return you to our regularly scheduled program...

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I dug in your post history and it does not go back to a build thread. Looking forward to finding it...

I now return you to our regularly scheduled program...
I did a build but never continued it to my conclusion. I just added hydroboost and a new intake manifold. Will see if can find my original thread.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Probably does mid 14s.
Its faster than a new v6 challenger.

I can find crisper pic probably.
FB_IMG_1611559662500.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; I check in every day. I've had the HONOR of being the car of the month more than once. But I could Not resist, here is the Bronze Brick on day 3 around August 3rd 1979. "Sleeper", you be the judge. It was the 2nd quickest car you could buy in 1979. I know that's not sayin' much? Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• 1979a_Malibu.jpg
    1979a_Malibu.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 518
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor