GBOTM Feb '24 GBOTM Topic Announcement

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
If you haven't voted in our January thread, then please do so! We've got a.tight race going!

That said, things move a bit slower in the winter, so, here's a heads up on what our Feb topic will be, as suggested/inspired by Bonnewagon.

By February all our wallets have taken quite a pinch. You had the holiday gauntlets of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years celebrating. Inflation is a real killer. The ladies want their gifts and baubles, amd, go for blood from the stone at this point with valentines day extortion. So..... self help and money saving is the name of the game.

How about everyone gets pictures together of your paint jobs done at home! These can range anywhere from rustoleum on rollers to discount closeout cans at swap meets. It doesn't really matter. What we want to see are your efforts at painting your ride yourself!

I'll put the question to the community since we don't always take/save pics... should it be a before/after format? One picture of the car before the work started, and, one of how it turned out (or is currently in progress if need be?)

As long as we can generate enough interest and some solid submissions this is what I'd like to try for.

Reactions: 10 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm in. My Bonnewagon is outdoors, so, no high dollar paint jobs for the pigeons to target. Worse, the old timer [93] that I bought the wagon off, had given it an Earl Schieb $99-we'll-paint-any-car paint job that was crumbling off. After I rid it of rust spots, and smoothed it down, I figured some boat paint would standup well. And it did. From 10 feet you can't notice the brush marks. :mrgreen:

Reactions: 1 user

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
My 81 Malibu. While it’s not completed, it still looks a lot better than it started. I’m enjoying it as it is, and it’s a lot less stressful than a nice custom paint job. And my kids are happy to ride in it as it sits.
IMG_8104.jpeg
IMG_1410.jpeg
IMG_0787.jpeg
IMG_6982.jpeg
IMG_9864.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'm in. My Bonnewagon is outdoors, so, no high dollar paint jobs for the pigeons to target. Worse, the old timer [93] that I bought the wagon off, had given it an Earl Schieb $99-we'll-paint-any-car paint job that was crumbling off. After I rid it of rust spots, and smoothed it down, I figured some boat paint would standup well. And it did. From 10 feet you can't notice the brush marks. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, I'm afraid it looks like I would have no choice but to disqualify the Bonnewagon from February's GBOTM contest...

Now, if you were willing to go out and buy another to paint....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm afraid it looks like I would have no choice but to disqualify the Bonnewagon from February's GBOTM contest.
I just got back from a 3 day road trip to Pittsburgh for a family funeral. Even though I was on Gbodyforum several times, it was only to co-ordinate with Spidereyes455 for a parts swap. [Thanks again Jim!!! ]. I was not keeping track of the other threads. So I see the Feb Gbody-of-the-month thread and I figure, well, that is right up my alley. I was surprised to see ck80 said I was not eligible. Hmmmm? So I look back to see who won Jan, and, correct me if I am wrong, did I win?!? If so, holy cow! And thanks!

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I just got back from a 3 day road trip to Pittsburgh for a family funeral. Even though I was on Gbodyforum several times, it was only to co-ordinate with Spidereyes455 for a parts swap. [Thanks again Jim!!! ]. I was not keeping track of the other threads. So I see the Feb Gbody-of-the-month thread and I figure, well, that is right up my alley. I was surprised to see ck80 said I was not eligible. Hmmmm? So I look back to see who won Jan, and, correct me if I am wrong, did I win?!? If so, holy cow! And thanks!
;)

Yessir, you did! The formal announcement thread will be forthcoming later today, along with a PM about some logistics. I usually need a home internet signal to handle photos/files.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of a family member, hopefully the news of january's results can slightly uplift your spirits in these difficult times.

Just to clarify the somewhat confusing nuance in the rules.... as a member you could in theory win all 12 months of GBOTM, but, a particular CAR can only win once per year. Thus the joke about getting you another car to paint 😉

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Now, if you were willing to go out and buy another to paint....
Well it just so happens I do have another car that was painted at the same time. Meet Bonnewagon's hunky cousin, Brewskiwagon. He would love to enter the cheapola paint job competition..............................................................................................................................................
1706827607377.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well it just so happens I do have another car that was painted at the same time. Meet Bonnewagon's hunky cousin, Brewskiwagon. He would love to enter the cheapola paint job competition.............................................................................................................................................. View attachment 234431
Hmm. Something seems fishy here but I can't put my finger on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor