FedEx package....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-83MONTESS- said:
Blazenlotus said:
-83MONTESS- said:
How in the hell could someone loading the truck let that package go on?

Some people are only worried about there paycheck and nothing else. :blam:
Thats bullshit but true I guess.

Some delivery drivers are the same way. The UPS guy that does the route for my town doesn't care. My wife and I have ordered stuff that came UPS. She ordered some coffee mugs, and when the UPS guy dropped them off, he didn't walk up on the porch and set the box down, he tossed it on the porch from the sidewalk! It bounced off the side of my house and hit the concrete porch. He did the same thing with the computer parts I ordered from Newegg a while back. My wife called UPS and raised hell. She told them if it happened one more time, she was going to pay extra to have it shipped by Fedex. They put a note in their system that if they deliver any packages to us, the driver is required to walk up, knock on the door, and hand the package to us.

We get different Fedex drivers delivering stuff at work all the time. I watched one guy yank a box out of his truck, which caused the reman crankshaft inside to fly out into the parking lot. He just picked it up and slid it back in the box. He claimed we could make no damage claim without signing for it, so the store manager signed for it after checking it for damage and not seeing anything obvious. Surprise, surprise, when the customer went to put it in, it was bent.

When i talked to FedEx, they said "oh we do a lot of business with Jeg's, how awful it happened".....and yes, i did buy from Jeg's directly on eBay and they were very quick to respond to my email. I hope all works out with it.

My replacement order arrived today, intact and correct. It was shipped late afternoon from Jeg's.
If nothing else I can say, Jeg's reacted, responded and corrected my problem extremely fast.
Haven't heard back from FedEx, though.

I worked as a parcel delvery driver in the UK for 7 years. When I started in 2001 the company set high standards of conduct for sorters and drivers, complaints were very few and we had a good incentive to keep it that way, the harder we worked the more we earned but damage complaints were taken very seriously and could hurt our paychecks.
I quit when the company policy changed to hiring the cheapest labour it could, missing/damaged parcel rates rocketed, as did a bunch of other guys who liked to take pride in their work.
Looks like you have the same problem over there.
Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor