Feelin like a jerk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
So if anyone has noticed I was selling my car, i got a guy who came looked at it and drove a little ways to come see it too, i decided i was going to sell it to him, which was all fine and nice untill i went out tonight to say my goodbyes, I just couldnt do it after looking at it some more tonight, just a pretty car and its clean too, i personaly think its hard to find one like it for a good price, so i told the guy i was backin out and i feel like a dick for doing it... Im too attached to the car... what do you guys think? was it a dickish move or does anyone else see where im coming from?

Glad to hear it too!

I guess you never really felt that gut feeling until you were about to sell it. ANd like Blake said its still your car, and you can do whatever the hell you want!! 8)

times get hard for money, but i dont think its that hard when you stand there lookin at the car and you just know you cant get rid of it, i figure if worst comes to worst i can sell my lightning rods out of it

i got the same thing with this monte i got

about 7 years ago i moved to fla with my wife (in-laws where involvesd witht the move :blam: )

i didnt know anyone here so i started hangin with the nephews (15-17 at the time)
one of their friends wanted to check out a 78 camaro (450 HP 355 🙂 )
so we go and get to the car. guy shows up and i wanted to start the car to see how it ran (never got it started (nose of starter broke off the bastage) :wtf: ) lol

the other guy popps out the truck 😱 i knew the dude from the old neighborhood!!!!!!! damn its a small world !!!

found out his bro moved there aswell and is 3 miles down the road lol!!!!
(went to grade school with these dudes)

we partied and had fun for a couple years and he wated to move to tenn. and didnt have the room for the monte :wtf:
so i picked it for 100 bucks cool deal

he moved to tenn and i visited him a few times on my way back to see my mom
well the last time i went up and seen my mom i debated on either to go home or stop at his place.

good thing i did........with his wife 5 months prego he getts hit head-on on a moto-X bike he died on inpact :wtf: 🙁 🙁
now its kinda hard to let go of the car even tho i do need the money so ........ you guys decide what i should do

i guess do what i did, think of how bad you need that money, and how much you need, and how fast it would be spent and what it will be spent on if you sell the car, and how clean is the car is another thing to think about, it seems like its hard to come across a nice clean g body these days. and do you think he would want you to keep the car? and would he have kept it if he could have? sorry to hear about your friend passing away 🙁

Damn, I hope that wasn't my buddy you bailed on. Was the guy from IL that you were going to sell to? lol

I've had that happen to me before. I was working on picking up a mint Formula 350 for cheap. The guy started cleaning it up and then doubled his asking price. I walked away from that one pissed, just couldn't afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor