Feelin like a jerk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever possessed you to put a car in that shape up for sale is beyond me :blam:
Lol but I love what Blake442 responded:
Blake442 said:
**** him... :lol:

It's your car, you can do whatever you want with it, including keeping it! :banana:

Glad you decided to hang onto it!

I feel for you both ways, but I know how it feels when someone backs out on a deal. It is really ****ed up but I know the feeling of getting rid of a car that you can never replace. I say you made the right move but I can see how it might make you feel bad. I would say just move on with it. Not too many deals go through anymore like they are suppose to. People act to fast and say things are for sale before they really think about the item being gone. I would just think it over a lot more before you post anything for sale.

i understand when a seller changes their mind. they have a history with that car, they've worked on it, they've come to know it and even love it. it's different when a buyer changes their mind.

there is the rule of thumb that if you shake hands on a deal you're honor bound to see it through. if you dont shake hands, deals can be broken. hands shakes are deal makers.

G_Body_Enthusiast said:
...hands shakes are deal makers.

**** that! Unless the title has been signed, the potential buyer can piss up a rope! :lol:

Can you tell I've been jerked around and had my time wasted by too many "potential buyers"?

Blake442 said:
G_Body_Enthusiast said:
...hands shakes are deal makers.

**** that! Unless the title has been signed, the potential buyer can piss up a rope! :lol:

Can you tell I've been jerked around and had my time wasted by too many "potential buyers"?

so that makes it ok to be a jackass? nice logic. :roll:

i tend to operate with honor and respect both for me and any potential buyer. i understand when i make a deal it behooves me to see it through so as to not look like a flake or an ******* and get my name smeared all over hell and creation.

honor is lost on this culture.

I'm not going to say it's not a dick move, cause it is... I'll admit that.

But no money or goods were exchanged, I don't see it as a binding "contract" that you have to sell it...

Just this past friday I spent my whole evening pulling a motor and trans out of a car so some guy could come pick it up the next day. The guy said he'd be there, but low and behold, saturday rolls around and he's nowhere to be found.
A dick move, but his God-given right.

If it's ok for buyers to back out, I don't think there should be a double standard that says sellers can't do the same.

Easy guys. I get the honor and respect thing. In this case nobody actually lost anything physical or monetary, just hope. I'm sure the buyer is over it by now and everyone is happy! :mrgreen:

i do agree with the idea if a buyer can back out why cant a seller? it stil is a dick move either way, its a different story if money was put down or something, i do agree with the hand shake, if there is money down, even a little bit or maybe all of the money and no title yet, or something, then i would never back out, and as far as the name smearing? i dont care, smear my name i can garentee you if i wanted to sell this car in the future or some parts or something, someone will buy it. I take responsiblitly for my actions, i didnt think this far enought through

Drag the thread to the depths all day long but the bottom line is that the seller ****ed the buyer up. He'll receivee the Karma deserved. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor