Few questions before engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
I'm not sure how your smog test are down there, but I agree with ditching the air pump but, I'd keep the EGR if your new intake has a place for it. Unless your racing it and not registering it of course. The EGR doesn't hurt performance and can be painted or covered with a EGR cap from a late 80s FWD 3.8 V6. I ran EGRs with all my engines, even my 400 hp 350 chevy that i frequently shifted at 7100 rpm.
Just my 2 cents
T

itsnicyo

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2013
Tampa
Its a non egr style intake, we dont have any emissions down here in florida.

itsnicyo

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2013
Tampa
Okay guys, I have a new dilemma.. I've come to realize the engine I bought has a driver side dipstick. So now I'm going to have to get headers. Any recommendations for the easiest swap? I have a few I'm looking at... Hooker headers 520-2466 (shorties), hooker headers 520-2451 (long tubes), Hedman 68600 (shorties), or possibly some flow tech afterburners? Anything helps, I need to order headers tomorrow morning!

I would also like to retain as much as the factory cat back exhaust as possible (for now). Is this doable with long tube headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor