fiberglass hood or steel hood with scoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
If you're good with metal and bodywork, you could do the old stock car trick: Cut a strip as wide as you want the cowl to be, bend it up, and weld in pieces on the sides. That way you have a custom steel cowl hood. However I haven't done it myself so I accept no responsibility. :lol:

BlackOldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2012
Tennessee
Does anyone make a 2 inch cowl hood for a Cutlass Supreme? I don't need a 4 inch because I don't take the car to the track that often and I like the look of the low profile hood scoop. I can't seem to find any under 3.5 inches on the internet.

pacman350

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2012
monticello, Ga
I agree with Chris Van build it to your taste if you like the look of the scoop do put it on. Just a word of caution if you use the forward facing scoop make sure its a bolt on cause ive seen some fly off but they where bond on not bolted good luck with your choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor