Fiberglass hoods for my 85 grand prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine from ebay, from a user called Tamraz's Parts.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/81-82-83-84-85-87-Gr ... 3c8e3baf31

This hood is sweet. Just to compare. We got a fiberglass hood for my girlfriend's Dodge Charger -- it cost $1000 and it required tons, and I mean TONS of finishing/sanding/sealing before painting.

This GP hood for $440 came with a glass-like finish. Smooth and a perfect fit. Very strong too (mine was the BOLT ON version, not the PIN ON version in the link above which requires hood pins and doesn't come with the hood latch). The scoop is kinda high at 4" and it did interfere with the windshield, so we trimmed 1/4" off it and it's fine. Of course my hood is being modified to death right now but this is a damn fine product if you do get it. Plus I'd be jealous. Haha. :mrgreen:

VFN fiberglass also carries them, thats where I got my hood from vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm, very nice product as well

454muscle said:
I got mine from ebay, from a user called Tamraz's Parts.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/81-82-83-84-85-87-Gr ... 3c8e3baf31

This hood is sweet. Just to compare. We got a fiberglass hood for my girlfriend's Dodge Charger -- it cost $1000 and it required tons, and I mean TONS of finishing/sanding/sealing before painting.

This GP hood for $440 came with a glass-like finish. Smooth and a perfect fit. Very strong too (mine was the BOLT ON version, not the PIN ON version in the link above which requires hood pins and doesn't come with the hood latch). The scoop is kinda high at 4" and it did interfere with the windshield, so we trimmed 1/4" off it and it's fine. Of course my hood is being modified to death right now but this is a damn fine product if you do get it. Plus I'd be jealous. Haha. :mrgreen:

Thanks you Guy are so helpful nice cars I'm building gen 3 3800 supercharger stroker 5 speed Ill send pics when done Thanks for all your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor