woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
nice ride homie 8)

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Regal got rear-ended a couple of weekends ago by someone with no insurance. A couple of days ago, I got a letter from the state's attorney saying they are asking to the court to order restitution for any losses I suffered. :D I got one estimate, getting the other one soon, then we'll see if I get some money! Parts search is beginning... I need a bumper and a set of taillights for sure, and maybe the rear bumper filler while I'm at it.

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Here are a couple of crappy pics from my phone of my custom bracket and shroud that I made for my electric fans that I installed. I took the fans from a 2000 Caravan and hooked them up to a Dakota Digital PAC-2700 fan controller. It's pretty slick! You can set on and off temps as well as setting it up to run dual fans. I'll get better pics of the fan project when my camera battery is done charging.

Attachments

• Radiator2.jpg
    Radiator2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Radiator1.jpg
    Radiator1.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 1,337

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
As promised, here are some better pics with my real camera. Keep an eye on that engine bay; I have a few upgrades waiting to go in there :)

Attachments

• Engine Bay.jpg
    Engine Bay.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,266
  • Fanz.jpg
    Fanz.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,279

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
That thing is sweet, i dig the patina its got to it. What did you do to drop it? I would like my cutlass to have that stance.

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
MikesElco94 said:
That thing is sweet, i dig the patina its got to it. What did you do to drop it? I would like my cutlass to have that stance.

I clipped a coil off of the front springs, then used spring locks on the rear springs. Many people frown at both methods, but they both work great if you ask me!

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Update time! I bought some exhaust from a NASCAR that someone was selling on ebay. Turns out that it fits quite well on the Buick! I had to trim the end off a little so it didn't stick out too far, but other than that, it worked great! Here are a few pics.

P.S. I have all the parts ready for a Vortec head swap, bigger cam, intake, and new valve covers (since different valve covers are needed for the heads). That will probably be my next update!

Attachments

• DSC05188GBODY.jpg
    DSC05188GBODY.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • DSC05186GBODY.jpg
    DSC05186GBODY.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • DSC05184GBODY.jpg
    DSC05184GBODY.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 1,032
Nov 4, 2012
I'm Really liking this build! Keep up the good work. The drop and the NASCAR exhaust look awesome. Was there any interference between the exhaust and the cross member?

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
joesregalproject said:
I'm Really liking this build! Keep up the good work. The drop and the NASCAR exhaust look awesome. Was there any interference between the exhaust and the cross member?

Thanks! The left side of the cross member was already modified by the last owner for exhaust, but other than that, it looks like it could have been made for the Buick! The tabs that were welded to the exhaust for mounting lined right up with the frame rails, so hanging it was a breeze too. It was a lot less of a mess than I expected it to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor