Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
cool car man..love the trick exhaust too 8)..sux that you got rear ended though

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
i know the paints faided and the patina looks sweep but is there any rust? Other than the paint the car looks almost show room form the photos.

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I got a little more work done on the Buick! Had a full weekend that consisted of putting on Vortec heads, putting in the new camshaft from Summit (SUM-1103), and the the Edelbrock Performer EPS intake. New heads also meant new valve covers. My dad and I took our time with the whole job and it paid off in the end. It started on the first try (although the timing was way off) and no leaks our fluids shooting out from anything. Success!

Attachments

• DSC05215small.jpg
    DSC05215small.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 780

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
This weekend I hit up the local junkyard in search of some buckets for the Buick. My seat got a little messed up when I got rear-ended, plus I plan on putting in a floor shifter, so that's the reason for buckets. I always liked the seats that my Grand Prix GTP had, and I was able to find a good pair of front seats from a 97 Grand Prix. After getting the seats out of the Buick, I put the seats from the Grand Prix in and the tracks were wider than the Buick's. After taking the tracks off of both seats, I conjured up a way to mount the Buick's tracks onto the Grand Prix seats. I was hoping to shed the weight of the power driver's seat, but this was the easiest way to fit the seats in the car, so now I have a power driver's seat from a Grand Prix. Next up is probably the floor shifter! Enjoy the attached pictures!

Attachments

• DSC05484small.jpg
    DSC05484small.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 603
  • DSC05489small.jpg
    DSC05489small.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 630

FieldCarRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2011
Got a couple of small things done on the Regal. Somehow, a couple of my plug wires ended up on the header and melted through, so I replaced them with some Accel Super Stocks. I also added a seat belt guide to my seats so my neck wouldn't get rubbed raw by my seat belt. To end the evening (Friday evening), I took it to the track and made 3 passes. After adding the cam, Vortec heads, and intake, I ended up with the same ET as last fall (sad face), but I was up 3 mph at the end of the track. I had A LOT of wheel spin on the right tire, so I guess the next step is a posi. I really didn't expect to light the right tire up in 2nd gear as much as it did. Better start my new rearend fund!

383Camino and I at the track, ready to go.

And this one is added just because it's one of my favorite Buick pics.

Attachments

• DSC06300GBody.jpg
    DSC06300GBody.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 501
  • DSC06303GBody.jpg
    DSC06303GBody.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC06298GBody.jpg
    DSC06298GBody.jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC06299GBody.jpg
    DSC06299GBody.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 553
  • DSC04491_1280.jpg
    DSC04491_1280.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 485
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor