Finally drove the Cutlass....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
for about .2 miles 8) It's barely able to drive, but drivable enough. There is no hood, no exhaust, no front bumper, no front shocks, a rigged up gas line and the brakes suck. I got on it a little while rolling at 10-15 mph and I could feel the tires trying to break loose. It has pretty decent power for not even being tuned. Now I don't have to push it in and out of the garage

awesome I am still waiting for spring to to get my gp back on the road especially with the ice rain we had last night

dan2286 said:
for about .2 miles 8) It's barely able to drive, but drivable enough. There is no hood, no exhaust, no front bumper, no front shocks, a rigged up gas line and the brakes suck. I got on it a little while rolling at 10-15 mph and I could feel the tires trying to break loose. It has pretty decent power for not even being tuned. Now I don't have to push it in and out of the garage

wow to me that sounds like a mess but congrads on gettin it to fire up a roll by itself :rofl: so whats going on with it? feel me in.

youngdeezy said:
dan2286 said:

wow to me that sounds like a mess but congrads on gettin it to fire up a roll by itself :rofl: so whats going on with it? feel me in.

Yes, it is a mess. I originally started with an 86, but the rust got to bad for me to handle. I ended up finding a rust free shell in S.C. that was pretty much just the body, frame, and doors. Everything else was gutted. I pretty much took everything off of the 86 and am in the process of putting those parts on this car. I am not making much money right now, so I am just trying to get it in a drivable condition so I can enjoy driving it for a couple summers till I can find a better job and pay off some debts. I found a running '70 Olds 350 and 350 trans that I put in this car after changing some gaskets, oil pump, and timing chain. I am hoping it will keep running good enough till I am in the position to be able to do a more in depth resto on this car and then that engine will get rebuilt completely and the car will taken apart again for new paint and suspension rebuild.

It has probably been 5 or 6 years since I have driven my 86 and this is the first time for driving this 84, so I am pretty excited to be making some progress.

Congrats! Glad to see you put our last couple of days of "good" weather to use. 😉

Its always fun to drive a death trap aka project isn't it? Drove my regal home with no exhaust, compressed front springs, and crap brakes. Nerve rackig but planned trip when there was very little traffic. Fortunately I didn't get pulled over for noise due to the open exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor