Finally painted my grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
84monte said:
hey man the grill looks good, i plan on doing the same to my 84, its a non ss so i luckily have the screw in grill also, my ?'s are, what preperation steps did u go by, what kind of paint did you use, is it holding up good,and did u use any clear afterwards?

Duplicolor black trim paint. wiped it down with prepsol, then sprayed. holding up great.,

Trends

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2007
Simcoe, Ont. Canada
betcha618 said:
I finally sanded taped off and painted my grill black. I finally got the time and motivation to do it. heres some pics:

I remember peeling and sanding paint on an ss frnt cover what a pain in the *ss...lol, then i found out new bumpers were 200 bucks (in the early 90's) and bought new covers and sold old ones for more than a new 1...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor