finding hazard relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek87cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2011
north carolina
Well the only thing stopping me from getting plates on my car is the hazards. The blinkers work fine along with all other lights but the only thing that doesn't work are the hazards. How can I get them to work or where is the relay looked all under the dash but all I can find is the one for the blinkers any help would be nice

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the relay for your turn signals is also the relay for the hazards. The fuse for the hazards is the same fuse as your brake lights so if that fuse if good it's probably a bad relay

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
The hazards have a separate flasher from the turn signal.

Turn signal flasher is located in a clip to the drivers side of the radio up behind the dash.

Hazard flasher should be on the fuse block itself.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks FE3X CLONE .....I was mistaken when I said the two relays were in the turn signal relay...I believe this is it at the top left on the fuse box..

sosvic.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
pontiacgp said:
Thanks FE3X CLONE .....I was mistaken when I said the two relays were in the turn signal relay...I believe this is it at the top left on the fuse box..

sosvic.jpg

Yep, that should be it. My service manual is in the barn so I couldn't get a pic.

derek87cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 8, 2011
north carolina
Well I figured out last night if you hold the brake pedal it with the flashers on that they stay solid then when you let off the go away so is there something in the brake switch? And good pic ill check that tonight

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
They are supposed to do that. Since the car uses the same bulbs for braking as it does for the hazards, the brakes will override them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor