firestone firehawk vs bf goodrich radial t/a

In your opinion,which tire looks better? 235/60/15 firehawk indy 500 or bf goodrich radial t/a?

• Firehawk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • BF Goodrich

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdz85olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2010
In your opinion which tire looks better?
Firestone Indy 500 or Bf Goodrich Radial T/A? Size I am interested in is 235/60/15. Have SSII Rallye wheels.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
to show why I voted how I did..

Attachments

• PDR_0572.JPG
    PDR_0572.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,791

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010
ignore the exhaust my tires are T/A's

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
i love the way my BFGs look
100_3939.jpg

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
besides the fact that they are the same tire essentially the bfgs are offered in more sizes i believe because they are the generic performance street tire... only downside about bfgs is you cant get raised yellow letter but bfgs are much better aesthetically just because of the classy look and if anyone tells you to go for eagles for classic look tell them theyr dumb and drive on over to the bgf store

houndin101

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2010

whiskybent

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2010
86_OLDS ---------> The T/A stands for Trans-Am.

After the original Trans-Am debut in 1969, it didn't resonate well with the public, only 697 units were built. The 2nd generation T/A was radically redesigned and came back out as a 1970 1/2 model.

Pontiac adopted the name Trans-Am from the SCCA. (Sports Car Club of America). The title Trans-Am was used to title their premier production sedan racing series. The Pontiac Trans-Am didn't fit into the guidelines of the SCCA because they limited the size of their engines to 300 cid or 5 liters. Pontiac's T/A was a 400 cid.

To make a long story short..... The SCCA wanted some type of a reward for the commercial use of their name... Trans-Am. Pontiac and the SCCA agreed on a 5.00 a car royalty. This story is another story all itself.

What does this have to do with the tire? At that time, B.F. Goodrich was marketing their new high performance radial tire called the Trans Am Radial. When the SCCA requested the same royalty Pontiac was paying, B.F. Goodrich declined their offer and shortened the name to the T/A. This legally took them off the hook. The B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A was born.

81CRUISERbrougham

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2010
Duluth,MN
I have 205/75r14 on my wagon. Older firestone firehawks, they have been on the car since 96'(work reciept in glove box said so) i like how they look and ride except earlier this year the rear pass tire developed a buldge and wires were sticking out, but the car also sits during the winter and probably got way outta balance.so i put a cooper cobra on til i get 4 new tires. i cant enlarge an image to show cuz my phone pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor