Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbodyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2016
Jacksonville florida
IMG_0975.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
hey guys, fairly new to g body's and extremely new to the forum lol! I have an 85 Monte Carlo ss, has a 350 swap with a built 700r4( all corvette guts) right now I'm in the middle of stripping car to bare metal, fixing body, and re-painting (obviously) lol.
I need a couple of parts... I had a 2 in cowl fiberglass hood which was cracked and broken... I'm deciding to go with a steel hood to be as straight as possiblely 2 or 4 inch cowl ( would love some responses on this matter ) also hood hinges..
I am in need of a rear spoiler as well.. I've seen them on mikes montes and bought a front spoiler from his website a week or so ago. Came in the mail fast and good quality. So am probably going to be ordering the rear one soon. Any advice on the stand up or lay down styles?
The car was maroon with maroon interior when I got it a few years ago. It's been painted a couple times by previous owners. I'm thinking of going to a really nice silver, or original color of car. Have not decided yet. Would love some responses on that.

Hope to get some answers from you g body guys! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Looks like a nice project, as far as the rear spoiler the stand up style is correct for the year and in my opinion the lay down spoiler looks best when complimented with the 87'-88' taillights and as far as a steel cowl goes unless you need maximum hood clearance I would stick with the 2" cowl but that also depends on your future goals and the total look you are going for.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
Looks like a nice Monte. Good luck with your revitalization endeavor.

Reactions: 1 user

Gbodyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2016
Jacksonville florida
Looks like a nice project, as far as the rear spoiler the stand up style is correct for the year and in my opinion the lay down spoiler looks best when complimented with the 87'-88' taillights and as far as a steel cowl goes unless you need maximum hood clearance I would stick with the 2" cowl but that also depends on your future goals and the total look you are going for.

Thanks for a quick response! I will probably stick with the 2 inch cowl. Don't really need anything too big! Just going for a really straight and clean look!

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for a quick response! I will probably stick with the 2 inch cowl. Don't really need anything too big! Just going for a really straight and clean look!
I started with a 2" cowl and a stock stand up spoiler but later went with a 4" cowl with my big block and an aftermarket rear spoiler to offset the look of the the big cowl.

Gbodyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2016
Jacksonville florida
I started with a 2" cowl and a stock stand up spoiler but later went with a 4" cowl with my big block and an aftermarket rear spoiler to offset the look of the the big cowl.
Nice man, love the look! Definitely a little big for my small block lol! But hope to go bigger later on down the road.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool project. How do you like blue? I think it looks good on those cars.
001.jpg

I also really like the 'dark grey'
44805_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Gbodyss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2016
Jacksonville florida
Welcome to the forum. The later 86-88' MCSS in Silver is stunning with the factory stripes and wheels. It's one of my favorite colors on that car. Keep the pics coming.
Will do! Thanks for the response.. I might have to make a poll or something on color choice. There are so many I can't make up my mind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor