First Gbody and new to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

79Bandt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2016
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I wanted to say that this forum has helped tremendously while I've been upgrading my 82 Cutlass. It's an oddball car considering it's a four door. But this car holds very sentimental value to me and while growing up
I never really thought much of it. When my grandmother passed at 96yrs old my dad got the car and passed it down to me. It only has 60k on the body, but being into cars 110 hp will not cut it! I've always been into 2nd
gen Trans Ams and have a couple 79 T/As. So I recently put together a small block Chevy for the Cutlass and will be back on the road very soon. Thanks for all the info!

Reactions: 7 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. That's a great looking Cutlass! Reminds me of an '83 4 door Cutlass I owned a few years ago except yours is 10x better shape. Share some more pics if you've got them. Did you do a frame off?

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Great car and history behind it. Nothing wrong with a 4 door G Body. Keep us posted of it's progress and be sure to post pics.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Welcome aboard from Louisville, this is a great place to share your G body story!!! Super clean cutlass, glad your family has held onto it!
Does anybody else smell a sleeper sniff sniff???? Keep that thing looking stock especially with the factory rallye's, quiet exhaus, and you will be sure to catch some kids in their ricers off guard!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Hot damn, nice setup there!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

79Bandt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2016
Great car and history behind it. Nothing wrong with a 4 door G Body. Keep us posted of it's progress and be sure to post pics.
I definitely will...putting the front clip back on tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor