New to GBodys and this Forum

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I used Powerstop brakes on my Roadmaster wagon and they worked great. Plan on using them on my Malibu when doing those brakes.

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
So did you just go with the stock size? And keep drums on the rear?
I did on my Roadmaster wagon. Drilled and slotted rotors up front and everything new in the back.
When I do my malibu I'll keep the drums in the back but everything new and do the blazer upgrade up front with new drilled and slotted routers, calipers and ceramic pads kit from Powerstop. New hubs and hoses. And whatever else needed to get it in.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
For the price value, you could go with the S-10 conversion, meaning you score the spindle and brakes for the front from an S-10. They are a boit in and do a better job of stopping than the factory G's. If you can pick a Blazer, they came with four corner disk brakes so grab the whole system including the master cylinder and the proportioning valve.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor