first street race

Status
Not open for further replies.
billysmithSS said:
dan2286 said:
I'm not defending street racing, but I am sure there is more deadly accidents or accidents with injuries caused by idiot drivers drivers that don't know how to pay attention. Get pissed at the millions of people that are on there cell phones, reading the paper, eating a 3 course meal, shaving, putting make up on, watching a movie on the in dash dvd player, etc. while driving on a daily basis. :blam:
My concern is having a child in the car. As far as street racing goes,I hope all you end up dead. As far as giving me the duh icon...you go **** yourself too ya stupid sh*t.

You don't realize people do the same stuff I just mentioned with their kids in the car?? Here it is again... :blam:

HurstOlds said:
Having a kid in an old METAL heavy *ss car, in my opinion, is much safer than a plastic new-age POS. Congrats on the kill Kyle!

You're opinion is absolutely dead wrong. This is not an "opinion" issue. You have to look at facts. Many people who get in my car ('79 Monte) comment on how its built "like a tank" and how I have no need to worry in an accident. These people do not realize how poor the impact standards on these old cars are. Things like crumple zones, airbags, and anti-lock brakes did not exist, and cars of 30, 40, or 50 years ago were in fact MUCH MUCH less safe than the "plastic new-age POS" cars you see on the road today.

This video is a serious eye-opener for anyone who thinks their older car stands a chance in a serious collision. Granted crash standards may have improved somewhat between 1959 and the 80s (improved bumpers, seatbelts), but the G bodies are essentially just the same old traditional body-on-frame construction as the '59 Impala. Simply put, these old cars WILL NOT protect you the way a new car will in a serious collision.

After watching this video, there is absolutely no way you can tell me that, in a serious collision, you'd rather be in a classic car.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/81rZzcf3dF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/81rZzcf3dF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

eocoolj said:
HurstOlds said:
Having a kid in an old METAL heavy *ss car, in my opinion, is much safer than a plastic new-age POS. Congrats on the kill Kyle!

You're opinion is absolutely dead wrong. This is not an "opinion" issue. You have to look at facts. Many people who get in my car ('79 Monte) comment on how its built "like a tank" and how I have no need to worry in an accident. These people do not realize how poor the impact standards on these old cars are. Things like crumple zones, airbags, and anti-lock brakes did not exist, and cars of 30, 40, or 50 years ago were in fact MUCH MUCH less safe than the "plastic new-age POS" cars you see on the road today.

This video is a serious eye-opener for anyone who thinks their older car stands a chance in a serious collision. Granted crash standards may have improved somewhat between 1959 and the 80s (improved bumpers, seatbelts), but the G bodies are essentially just the same old traditional body-on-frame construction as the '59 Impala. Simply put, these old cars WILL NOT protect you the way a new car will in a serious collision.

After watching this video, there is absolutely no way you can tell me that, in a serious collision, you'd rather be in a classic car.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/81rZzcf3dF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/81rZzcf3dF8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

x2 man thanks for posting this what an eye opener now ill keep this in mind when im driving my G

fist off, shame on you for racing with your kid in the car, second off nothing bad happened so why are we making a big stink about it and its his kid not yours why do you care? third off, new cars are safer, they are designed to save the driver and passangers in crashes, just because they crush up and such doesnt mean they are not safe, the crunching absorbs the impact, even if our big body g body cars didnt crush up we would still get ****ed up from the impact, front wheel drive cars are designed so when you crash the engines drop under the car and dont end up in your lap, crash head on with our g bodys i hope you like the taste of engine. and forth off no matter what car you in if the crash is bad enough your screwed :shock:

I have street raced in my car before, its dumb, it is a rush its fun for a bit then you get worried your gonna get cought so u run home and hide for the night and you look like a jack *ss driving like a douche, its not worth it, its more fun when people try and race u and you act like your gonna and you dont, its more of a slap in the face i think, let them talk there sh*t you know your car is faster why do it? take it to the drag strip if you gotta, thats what i tell people when they want to race me.
i knew a few people that have died racing people, my mom has fake hips and knees and cant walk worth a sh*t because she was in a car people were racing in when she was 16 and they crashed and hit a cement wall and ended up in a lake, shes now 59 and still has the same problems she has had since she was 16 and in that accedent, street racing is never a good idea, if you have to do it, dont do it with other people with you, take your own life, or **** your own life up, not someone elses.

I lost control of my car at 110mph and spun sideways to a stop and luckly never hit anything it only cost me new tires and new underwear. i wasnt racing just ****ing around BY MYSELF I dont drive stupid anymore, theres a time where it hits you and you gotta stop driving like a jacksss

hahahah i cant believe how worked up ppl get over a little light to light race hahahahahah...all the people hating have apparently never gone over the speed limit at anytime because it could potientally put you at risk ....why not have some fun every now and then

I've done the odd light to light with the boys in the car. I'm off the gas by the time I hit the speed limit, so I'm not speeding. I don't see 4-5 seconds of hard acceleration as beeing all that dangerous. And it's no worse that all the people speeding and talking on their cell phones, or whatever else with with kids in the car. Burnouts are dangerous and considered stunting, any of you do that with kids in the car?

I know with our kids, nothing outs a bigger smile on there faces than cruising at 30kph (18mph)then mashing the gas so it kicks down to first. I let off as right after it hits second gear (about 55 kph/34mph). And I think they are the only ones who like my glasspacks more than me lol.

But racing at high speeds or anything dangerous with kids in the car, that's a different story.

billysmithSS said:
you bud win the stupidest most ignorrant,dumb **** post award of the year. :wtf: go visit a trama ward and you'll see,though I doubt it, how wacked out freeking stupid....ah hell i'm too dumbfounded to finish with ya. go kill yourself ya prick. Ban me if ya want mod but gotta reply to such a twat!!!

No one attacked you personally in this thread, so please stop with the 'go kill yourself' posts. No one wants to hear it.

Just remember everyone, insurance doesn't cover accidents at a race track! Keep that in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor