first street race

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres my opinion

would it have been better to race on a track?
goin from light to light isnt sh*t if your paying attention.and mostly all you are doin is a holeshot. granted you really shouldnt have your kid in the car but whos gonna inspire the next generation of racers? ralph nader? :puke:

to sit hewre and bash ppl like that is a ralph nader type of talk most of you guys should go :blam:

i for one am a product of my father racing from light to light. if we the fathers of our children dont teach them when the right time to race is they will never learn. i have never gotten into a racing accident ever. the only time i got hit was from some dumb blonde b*tch with her cell phone on her ear. its not the street racers fault its the dumbasses that pull out in front of us

so for the ppl bashing others for thier choices go :blam: yourself. and if i get banned for this oh well

just my opinion

krazykyle said:
OK let me clear something up.it's not street racing like you see on TV or some of these videos on you tube.it was just a honest race on a open street maybe from 10 mph to 45 50.just a quick blast along side a above stock 71 camaro.i do everything with my son and i make the car as safe as possible.my son loves the car and he is along side me every step of the way.i'm almost 40 and i'm not some young dumb kid that is taking chances with someone else's life.i was a great thrill for me and my son. 😀

Well thats not really a big deal then, I dont really even consider that a race. When you said street race I was picturing like 100 + mph.

HurstOlds, you are right.

People that condone illegal street racing will never apologize, well maybe after they kill someone.

I also get sick and tired of being lumped into that category by the media that does not know the diference between street and drag racing.

The first post lead me to belive this was a REAL street race using words like "first street race" & "blew his ****ing doors off".

Also he either blew the rear off (going to 7k) or his trans is slipping real bad, which led me to belive he was not in total control of his car.

Even when I knew everything as a teenager , I would not race with someone in the car, period.

Mike P , good post.

If you want to label me as a slow, hater, feel free, I will take that and more for being concerned about the welfare of a child.

Also I would be happy that someone was looking out for my kids (have 3 great girls) and not taking the "it's not my business attitude".

As far as the updated version of the events , that sounds alot less out of control then the first post.

I still think racing on the street is not a good idea, older and wiser, and for that I won't be apologizing to anyone.

billysmithSS said:
Christ you americans are stupid. Ya sure live up to your expectations the rest of us have. suck my c*ck. :blam:
Bashing americans now huh? Listen bud he may not have been the brightest tool in the shed on this one but you start that crap and i know for a fact ur gonna have one mad redneck american whos famiy has fought and died for this place for you to call americans stupid. Take it somewhere else if you have those opinions :evil: . As for the street racing, keep it to the track

how about i says life is to short take chances.have fun with your family,even if it's taking a walk around the block or putting your kid on the back of a :arrow: four wheeler.

shotgun said:

I still think racing on the street is not a good idea, older and wiser, and for that I won't be apologizing to anyone.

Thanks shotgun,

s'all good, you weren't the one telling ppl to kill themselves or telling them to die. lol

kyle, if you're putting your kid on a 4 wheeler, you should make sure they have a DOT approved helmet on, knee pads, elbow pads, leather clothing to prevent road rash, only drive the 4 wheeler under 5 mph.....don't forget to wrap them in bubble wrap, seat belt, I'm sure you would need to fab up a roll bar for the 4 wheeler too.

Then again, maybe they should just stick with the merry go round. Well, that kind of moves fast too....so maybe a seat belt, or something to limit the lateral g-forces, pads on the floor in the event of a fall....

/sarcasm

Nice specs on the car man!

HurstOlds said:
shotgun said:

Thanks shotgun,

s'all good, you weren't the one telling ppl to kill themselves or telling them to die. lol

kyle, if you're putting your kid on a 4 wheeler, you should make sure they have a DOT approved helmet on, knee pads, elbow pads, leather clothing to prevent road rash, only drive the 4 wheeler under 5 mph.....don't forget to wrap them in bubble wrap, seat belt, I'm sure you would need to fab up a roll bar for the 4 wheeler too.

Then again, maybe they should just stick with the merry go round. Well, that kind of moves fast too....so maybe a seat belt, or something to limit the lateral g-forces, pads on the floor in the event of a fall....

/sarcasm

Nice specs on the car man!

Holy crap, I thought you were serious at first :rofl:

HurstOlds said:

Sounds about like what I'd want to do :lol: I drive like an 80 year old woman most of the time (slow) when I have my son in the car.

lol @ douchenozzle :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor