REGAL Flat fiberglass hood for Regal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tz44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
Looking for a flat lift off hood but can only find cowls and grand national style. Anybody know if anyone makes one that’s flat?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
USbody Source sells a flat style hood, I am curious as to why you want a flat hood.

Last edited:

Tz44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
USbody Source sells a bolt on flat style hood, I am curious as to why you want a flat hood.

Everything clears under the stock hood so I don’t need any type of scoop. The cowl hoods come all the way to the windshield which could create an unnecessary hassle when lifting it off. GN hoods look good but I don’t have a GN [emoji23].

Reactions: 1 user

Tz44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
Anybody have any experience with either of these companies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Anybody have any experience with either of these companies?
No, but it is really only one company since Andy's is a distributor for US Body Source.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Everything clears under the stock hood so I don’t need any type of scoop. The cowl hoods come all the way to the windshield which could create an unnecessary hassle when lifting it off. GN hoods look good but I don’t have a GN [emoji23].

The Cowl provides a nice handle to aid lifting it off. A lift off flat hood is very hard to remove. That is why the 440-6 Factory lift off hoods had a big scoop in the middle you could stick your hand in.

Tz44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
The Cowl provides a nice handle to aid lifting it off. A lift off flat hood is very hard to remove. That is why the 440-6 Factory lift off hoods had a big scoop in the middle you could stick your hand in.

I hadn’t thought of that... good point

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Are you looking for a weight savings?? If so it isn't much and they are defiantly a lot of money. I had a cowl on mine and didn't like it. I also didn't like the way the fiberglass moved at different temps or the sun beating on it so went back to original. I do have a GN hood but haven't got around to putting it on yet.

097.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor