Floor shifter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I want to put a floor shifter in my 82 Regal but have one concern. Does anyone know which one will fit with the stock bench seat? I am short so I have the seat up close. Any recommendations?

jdeezdavis

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2008
just mount it closer to the dash

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
You will have to mount it as close as possible and make sure it still functions and that you can still reach it good. It will fit without a doubt.

BBC_cutty

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2008
doesnt matter where u mount it....most ppl run the b&m starshfter or w/e its called, it comes with a plastic case/cover, looks alright

BBC_cutty

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2008
it actuall looks alright, sleeper look, with the rachet shifter giving it a little non sleeper look

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
it looks fine with bench seats, fits in there real nice. i have seen Q sticks and the B&M ratchet shifter in there.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
i chose a b&m pro stick at the time i had a bench seat in my car an had no problems at all. the reason i chose a pro stick is because you have the ability to change the shift plate to use on any trans that you might use in the future. it comes wity a three speed gate so if you have a four speed you need to order it when you order the shifter an besides i think it looks good :D
100_0454.jpg
[/img]

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
JESSE said:
i chose a b&m pro stick at the time i had a bench seat in my car an had no problems at all. the reason i chose a pro stick is because you have the ability to change the shift plate to use on any trans that you might use in the future. it comes wity a three speed gate so if you have a four speed you need to order it when you order the shifter an besides i think it looks good :D
100_0454.jpg
[/img]

That is a nice setup you have there. I plan on doing the same thing with the gauges in the future, speedometer only goes to 80 right now and the oil pressure gauge I have only goes to 80 psi and it runs higher than that at full throttle.

I looked at a promatic shifter yesterday and also my friend has a few shifters laying around so that might be an option too.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
thanks for the nice comments on the dash i do get a lot of looks and comments it was the first time i tried something like that...about the shifter the reason i like it , is because i know what gear i'am in all the time..an it has a very simple reverse lock...manual shifting is simple an direct and at my age you need to keep it simple :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor