Floor to hand-parking brake conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2005
Reading PA
Has anybody done this? I vaguely remember somebody using an Fbody hand brake but I don't remember what year or any of the exact details. My main concern is what I need to connect the cables up to make it jive with hand lever.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Check in the "Wagons" section on this site, in the thread marked IROC wagon project. He's done a handbrake conversion, using a handle from an F body. He's got photos to show how he mounted the handle, and routed the cables. Hope this helps.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I converted mine when I put in the stick. I thought 4 pedals would confuse me. I used a 4th gen F body set up. I cut into the brace over the tunnel and welded the mounting bracket in place for the handle. It's trial and error tacking the bracket in to see how the handle lines up with the console in place. I fabricated a bracket for under the tunnel for the front cable meeting up with the rear cables and welded that in place. I measured the bracket that is used in the F body and adjusted the bracket I fabricated so the driveshaft would not hit it cause my car is lowered. The rear cables connect to the parking brake whether its drum or disk. I didn't take any pictures, I'm not really a camera guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor