Floors are fixed!!! New pics of projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Hey guys. Finally finished up the floors after spending a couple of weekends working on it. Got the floors from a donor cutlass as my original ones had a lot of pinholes, nothing big, but just way too many small pinholes from when it sat in the guys yard 4 years ago.

I have already pulled the driver side quarter glass in order to start replacing window felts and re-seal the glass. I had two rust holes the size of a quarter I had to clean up and use fiberglass to fill. Couldn't weld them up cause they are right next to the body and the welds would have destroyed the paint. These two door malibus are known for rust along the bottom of the quarter glass. I already sanded the body where the felts overlap the body slightly so I can paint them. The new felts are not exactly OE and are slightly different. I am also replacing the roof rail weatherstripping as the original ones are fairly dry rotted.

The motor rebuild and 700r4 swap won't happen until this summer as the new garage will not be built by then and I can't pull my engine in the gravel. I am will be replacing the body mount bushings with prothane body mounts, and at that point, all my suspension will be new. I'm going to box in the rear lower control arms for added stiffness and finish up the cowl under the hood from where I took out the factory air box and put a delete plate.

The other pics I'm posting are other projects were working on along with before/after shots of the malibu's floors after the driveshaft snap. Keep in mind folks, the drive shaft tore itself right in the middle, not a broken u joint. The rust is from water leaks I'm tracing out.

Before:
pics11-26-09007-2.jpg

pics11-26-09009.jpg

pics11-26-09005-1.jpg

After shots and black noise deadening undercoating:
100_2625.jpg

100_2626.jpg

pics11-26-09016-1.jpg

The projects:
pics11-26-09018-1.jpg

pics11-26-09025.jpg

pics11-26-09020-1.jpg

pics11-26-09022-1.jpg

pics11-26-09027.jpg

pics11-26-09021-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor