Florida members thread...anyone interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
this is a florida members thread, but i think if your in a bordering state, especially if your close to the border, we can probably find some room for ya if your interested :mrgreen: . if we can get a club going and maybe some met-ups , or shows , stuff like that, im sure alot of guys might be interested in coming down from georgia and alabama, especially the southern parts. its gonna be at least 6 months before i can attend anything like that, im in the middle of a frame off right now on my 80 cutty, but when it does happen ( and i believe it will ) im thinking somewhere centrally located in the state like ocala , or maybe on one of the coast about half way down would be good. i guess it will depend on where the largest concentration of members appear to be. who knows, maybe by then one of our members will have a large piece of land or a sweet place to hold such an event by then. im thinking if i havent gotten my cutty done by november ( when i get my license back ) i might by another G-body thats already done for a driver to get my fix untill the cutty's finished. then when my cuttys done i can tear the other one apart and start redoing it. i used to have a 78 monte i really liked, and ive always had a hard on for the buicks, would love to have a T-type, GN or even GNX . even if it was a clone. in fact the only G bodys i dont care for are the elcaminos ( sorry guys, its just my opinion, i can still appreciate one thats built, just not my cup of tea ) . theres already another member here im waiting for to bring down a core support for me, he lives u in tampa. i cant remember his screen name, but i actually found him through craigslist. im gonna try to get him to join our little thread.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
I know I be seeing allot of G-Body owners on the streets of Tampa. I keep telling them about the site and tell them to join. Weather they did or not I dunno but I try to put the word out. I like the parts idea I think that would be cool. I got parts from my old Monte I need to get rid of.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think a meet at the Don Garlits Museum in Ocala would be cool place to meet up. My car, unfortunately, will be off the road for several months...hopefully not years. :roll:
Another place to meet would be at the monthly Bushnell Swap meet. http://www.floridaswapmeets.net/
I've never been there myself, however, I was recently heading home on I-75 when there was an accident, and traffic was diverted off that exit.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
Tampa here. This is my 80 monte with ls swap.

Attachments

• IMAG0396.jpg
    IMAG0396.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 1,322

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
hey lesbaldridge, I had the core support in the trunk ready to go but dude flaked out on me over a few books worth $10. But like I said I am trying to go pick up a fuel tank from a yard towards that way so I will let you know when I heading out.

DJL2Z

n00b
Apr 14, 2010
Wasup fell this be the 941 checking in Sarasota in the southwest.. Really livin the idea been tryin to do something like this for a while just didn't know how to go about it but I'm down we gotta keep these g bodies on the road.. I ride a 86 cutlass supreme check me out on car domain= djl2z you'll see everything like i said I am down good ideas positive energy and cool rides what more coul u ask for??

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
lsx80monte said:
hey lesbaldridge, I had the core support in the trunk ready to go but dude flaked out on me over a few books worth $10. But like I said I am trying to go pick up a fuel tank from a yard towards that way so I will let you know when I heading out.

its all good bro, like i said, i actually dont need it for at east a few months. just figured id grab it while i had a chance to get such a good deal. glad to see ya made it to the florida thread. although, i got to admit, im really surprised someone on craigslist flaked out on ya :rofl: , we all know how dependable people on CL are. i used to buy and sell things off CL for a living for 3 years, and i could tell you some real storys. i made $2,000 to $3,000 a month doing it, but dam, i had to work at it like a ****. as soon as i get my license back i plan on getting back into it actually. without a license its pointless, ya gotta be abe to jump on a deal when you see it right away. the only good thing to come out of me losing my license is at least i figured i had time to do a frame off on the cutty..LOL. now i got to bust my *ss to get it back together by november. although i was thinking if its not done by then, that would be a good excuse to pick up another G body to drive untill its done. was thinking maybe a malibu, late 70's monte, or if i could find a deal maybe a T type regal or GN. by the way, your monte looks sweet. reminds me a little of my old one. it was 20 yrs ago, but i believe it was either '78 or '79. black, with big'n'littles on aluminum slots. 350 4 bolt, th350. but dont sweat it man, whenever you get this way its cool, or i might make it up there sooner or later. just as long as you got it put back for me its all good.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
It sucks when you find a deal and make plans togo out there and get the stuff and then the guy wont answer the phone. More than once thats happened to me but oh well. I have always had better luck selling on ebay though. Only thing is ebay will nickle and dime you to death. And as far as my monte, Its really not all that. I cant believe how many compliments I get on it but it really is a pos. I have pics of the build up and I took it down to the bare metal only to have the so called good painter mess it all up. Maaco could have done a better job. Hell, I could have. BUt you live and learn. There currently is no interior except for my bad *ss 04 BMW X5 seats. I am thinking about buying another car, transplanting my divetrain so I can have a ride while I redo the monte again. The core support is back in storage

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
lsx80monte said:
It sucks when you find a deal and make plans togo out there and get the stuff and then the guy wont answer the phone. More than once thats happened to me but oh well. I have always had better luck selling on ebay though. Only thing is ebay will nickle and dime you to death. And as far as my monte, Its really not all that. I cant believe how many compliments I get on it but it really is a pos. I have pics of the build up and I took it down to the bare metal only to have the so called good painter mess it all up. Maaco could have done a better job. Hell, I could have. BUt you live and learn. There currently is no interior except for my bad *ss 04 BMW X5 seats. I am thinking about buying another car, transplanting my divetrain so I can have a ride while I redo the monte again. The core support is back in storage

ebay is a real b*tch with all the little harges and theyre getting worse, and so is theyre co-horts at paypal. plus the seller basically has no rights anymore. i used to collect vintage bmx racing bikes, and buy and sell them. i would buy local on craigslist, and sell on bx collectors forums, and as a last resort egay. theres good money in vintage bmx bikes if you know what your doing and you work hard at it. like i said, i going to get back into it as soon as my license is reinstated, and im thinking i might start dealing in some G-body parts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor