Florida members thread...anyone interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
To all you florida guys who have posted so far, thanks for the interest. im looking forward to hopefully meeting all you guys. if i see enough interest in this im seriously thinking about starting a website just for the florida G body guys. right now my line of thinking is to start a solid real world G-body club with its own site for everyone to keep track of whats up, stuff like meets, local parts, suppliers, leads on stuff, maybe members with expertise in certain areas could help out other members, when possible, sh*t like that. im not trying to compete with any of the forums like this one or anything, like i said, more of just a website so a real world g-body club to have an internet presence. especially since its a statewide thing, not just a tampa, daytona or miami type of thing. maybe if it grows over time we could form local chapters. no fee's or dues or anything like that, the only requirement to join is to be a g-body owner, live in florida ( or maybe within a certain radius of its borders for you southern georgia and alabama guys ) and to be interested in actually participating at least to some degree. these things take a little dedication, hard work and time, but im willing to put it in. some guys did something similar with the vintage bmx community i used to belong to and it actually turned into one of the largest annual meetups in the region every year. if im not mistaken theyre in the 4th yr now and things are going pretty well for them now, very well established. so if your down with something like that just stay tuned, and be sure to mention this thread to any florida g-body members/owners you come across. ive noticd alot of florida members on other forums as well.

So how about a club name ???? anyone got any suggestions for an official club name ? dont be shy...throw 'em out if ya got 'em :mrgreen:

flaboycutty85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2012
Checking in from Deltona, fl
Located near Daytona and Orlando

Recently sold my 85 cutlass, currently in the market for a 80's monte Carlo SS

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
What are the odds of some dude in a monte just like the way mine use to look hawking me down to take a look at my car and show me his. Well it just happened and I just had to get a couple of shots of bot cars together. For me its almost like looking at a before and after. Thanks to Jim for chasing me down. I told him about the forum and the fl members thread. Maybe he'll join.

Attachments

• IMAG0516.jpg
    IMAG0516.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 815
  • IMAG0514.jpg
    IMAG0514.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 817

DJL2Z

n00b
Apr 14, 2010
Man I'm really liking how this thread is going we have a chance to really get something going and I'm down.. And homie g body cc sounds good I actually have g style on the back window of my cutty cus that's what I was thinkin about naming my club if I ever started one so that one is up for grabs too if y'all like it.. Meet up, cruises, and parts swaps and leads to hard to find parts on these whips sound good.. Like I said in my other post positive energy and ppl that have love for these cars is a pretty damn good reason to start this not only would we be a in a club but we would be a family state wide helpin each other and seeing these cars all togather would be such a sight to see..

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
yup , all killer ideas so far. i was thinking something along the lines of sunshine state G bodys but i like plain old G body c.c. to. well let it cook for awhile, im sure something perfect will eventually come up :mrgreen: . lsx, thats pretty cool about the dude in the monte. good of you to turn him onto the forum and thread to. thats the best way to get new members interested. my 17 yr old just called and hes thinking about moving down with me from ohio, if he does im gonna try to get him a g-body project and get him started in it early. i was on cardomain and finally found the exact paint job im gonna throw on my cutty when its done. im going with painted bumpers and all, drop by my build thread for more pics if yall feel so inclined. ( hope whoever this dude is he dont mind me swiping pics of his ride ...lol )

Attachments

• 79 cutty painted bumper 03.jpg
    79 cutty painted bumper 03.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 747

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
a friend of mine was putting on 02 blazer spindles yesterday morning.

Attachments

• IMAG0481.jpg
    IMAG0481.jpg
    985.6 KB · Views: 740
  • IMAG0479.jpg
    IMAG0479.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 755

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Wasup FLA! 8TRAY from the 561. cant wait to post pics of my 83 regal. Got it parked at my girls mom house till i pile up my cash to play with it. Had tons of pics on old hard drive but got screwed up. anyways, its nice to see some other gbodies here in FLA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor