Florida members thread...anyone interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
56ACE, Palm Beach County. Born and Raised. But dam its been a good minute this ive been back. Check out these cars I found in the yard.

Attachments

• IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    966.5 KB · Views: 844
  • IMAG0521.jpg
    IMAG0521.jpg
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 863

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
whats the interior plastic look like on those cuttys lsxmonte ? im supposed to be going out junkyarding down this way with a buddy sometime this week. well see what i dig up. found sme very depressing rust on the cutty this week while tearing it down, up around where the bottom of the front window is and tray where the mount for the wiper motor mounts. its ate all the way through the firewall :evil: . ill probably post some pics on my thread later. theres some real nice stuff on craigs list down this way ill post some links to here in a bit in case any of you local guys are interested.

heres just a small sample of some of the stuff on my local CL. theres some seriously sweet deals around here if you look around. i wish like hell i could snatch up the 80 cutty posted below. in fact, i think im gonna call about it anyways, never know, i might be able to dig up the spare change in the couch :D
seat backs out of a 442
http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/pts/2992253473.html

set of drop spindles and springs for 80-87 g body
http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/pts/2976991323.html

this ones killing me.. minty looking 80 cutty right down the street from me, $3000. wish i could grab it up and use mine for parts but the cash flow is being reirected to the kids right now
http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/cto/2996734425.html

monte t-tops
http://sarasota.craigslist.org/pts/2906695292.html

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
lsx80monte said:
56ACE, Palm Beach County. Born and Raised. But dam its been a good minute this ive been back.

what junkyard is that lsx80monte?

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
8TRAY said:
lsx80monte said:
56ACE, Palm Beach County. Born and Raised. But dam its been a good minute this ive been back.

what junkyard is that lsx80monte?

if your looking for anything specific lemme know too man, lsx is up by tampa and im just south of sarasota. like i said, im planning on hitting some yards down this way in the next week or two and i can keep an eye out as well for stuff. thats the great part bout this florida member sh*t, all of us guy can help each other out locating stuff that dont need shipped. im been busy with other things lately but im going to try to get a seperate website for florida G-body owners to, just for us florida guys to trade parts locations, suppliers, and any other local hookups so to speak. i got to get my little bro to help me out with it, im kinda computer stupid, but he goes to school for computer programming, repair, all that good stuff. it might take a minute but sooner or later it will happen.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, thats at an lkq in tampa. There were actually about 3 more gbodies that I took pics of but my slow *ss internet speed is causing me to loose patience. The interiors of those two cutlasses were pretty gone which is usaully the case with the older gbodies. I myself am looking for a yard that has a78-80 monte or someone parting out one of these. I dont mind driving a good distance as I am need of a hood pretty badly.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
lsx80monte said:
Yeah, thats at an lkq in tampa. There were actually about 3 more gbodies that I took pics of but my slow *ss internet speed is causing me to loose patience. The interiors of those two cutlasses were pretty gone which is usaully the case with the older gbodies. I myself am looking for a yard that has a78-80 monte or someone parting out one of these. I dont mind driving a good distance as I am need of a hood pretty badly.

You should be able to find a steel or even glass aftermarket hood.. no cowl, just standard.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
yeah, but i would suspect hes not wanting to pay the ridiculous prices they want for the aftermarket hoods. $300 or 400 is alot when you can score one from a junkyard for $50-100 most likely. ill be on the lookout down here for one. lsx, have you tried posting a wanted add on craigslist in the auto parts section ? i usually have pretty good luck with that.

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
If you ever find your self in NE FL. I've got a hood in Jacksonville I've been trying to get rid of. The hood was the original on my car and i drilled through it thinking i'ld like the look of hood pins. Its primed straitened and ready for paint though.

I typed that prematurely, i see yall are talking about 79's and 80's. Still, good luck!

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
lsx80monte said:
What other g-bodies u see there bro ?see and montes ?

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
I took pics of allthe gbodies but there were no montes. There was a mid 80s cutlass a couple of regals( one was a 4 door) and a grand prix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor