Status
Not open for further replies.

bigalturk1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2012
Florida
Yep!
I'm the FNG! (Vietnam Veteran talk)
I've been playing with cars since 1964. I worked for 2 Chevrolet dealers back in the 70's and then went on my own.
I enjoy all Hotrods, muscle cars and Harleys (Mostly).
My present rides are:
85' El Camino (Had 6 .... so far)
39' Ford Street-Rod...(Chevy powered)
00' Harley (Softail/Nightrain Hot-Rodded)
I recently sold my: (Moved to Florida from R.I.)..
1971 Monte Carlo (Mint)
1966 El Camino (Mint)
Anyway, I don't work on Computer powered or "FI" crap (Unless I have too) SO.......HOW AM I DOING SO FAR?

Welcome to the board and your political affiliation means nothing here. :wink: Looking forward to seeing pics of your Elky.
If you need assistance, Photobucket.com is one of the easiest sites to save to & post pics from. Here's one of my dad's Elky:

0725101355.jpg

Welcoem to the Forum here...Sounds like you have decent rides, past and present, post up some pics when ya can...Thanks for your service as well!

Thanks!
I was just having fun with the "Politics"....I don't like any of them self serving Bastards!
I clicked on IMG (Image) to insert a photo and the letters "IMG" is written in this email!
Hmm, must not like me! (What'd I do wrong?)

>>>>>Hey "Qdub24" ....I really like that El Camino!

My daily driver for 12 years was a 1971 SS 454 El Camino (From the factory). I only paid $1,200.00 (Yes, twelve hundred)
for it, in 1973!
Stupid me, I sold it and bought a 78', because of the new body style. I also had an 82' and an 84' (Besides the 85').
At first, I couldn't find any El Camino, so I purchased a 1967 Ranchero with a six, then I installed a 289. A month later I wanted even more power (To tow my Race Car And Bike), so I installed a 351 Cleveland. I blew up my race bike (Double engine TRiumph) and a week after that I flipped my 62' (Chevy Nova) "Gasser". I never learn my lesson, so I tore apart the Ranchero and made that a Gasser... running with a HI-Po 406 Ford engine, Dual quads on a tunnel ram, straight axle front end, T-10 4 speed and a 9" rear end.
Now can you see why I didn't get married until I turned 57?
OK, enough "War" stories...for now.

Welcome. We love cars, hate politics. Plenty of Vets here, including me, as well as Active Duty folk. So I'm assuming you are as grey and long-in-the-tooth as me? :mrgreen:

welcome and hope you have some fun here... I'm another older but in no way wiser car nut

bigalturk1,
Thank you for your service to our great country! Thank you for voting (alot of people don't)! Thanks for joining GBF. I like it when young people join (I'm 66 today! LOL). I hear you about our "cars (and bikes)"! I've owned from Corvairs to Corvettes and a bunch in between too, but I've always liked my El Camino's (64, 69, 78 and the 80 I will have had for 20 years on the 7th of April).
Once again, welcome to the site, I think you'll like it here!

Doug

Now Subscribed and Welcome Aboard and please lets keep the slurs of pigment of Skin to not happening at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor