For Those Not Familiar With The Steering Shaft Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
jonnyslick said:
Awesome ... What Year/Model of Jeep is that shaft off of?

93 through 98 jeep grand cherokee. I'm probably going with somewhere in between if I can. I couldn't find the price on autozone site for a new one but I seen other adds for 100-200. Most people that have them have use ones from what I was reading on the oldsmobile site.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
They call for a 93-98 Grand Cherokee shaft but... There are two different kinds both fit the gear box but one only fits the steering shaft.
i bought the wrong one first then i had to go get the other one. The difference is that one has a aluminum coupler and the other is steel. Get the steel one as it has a bigger opening for the steering shaft than the aluminum one. It fit a little tight but with some persuasion it fits good.BTW Regular Cherokees have the same shaft as long as its the steel coupler . I will try later to post pics of the wrong shaft.
here are some poor quality pics lol!!
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... 91303a.jpg
http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... 091302.jpg
P.S. make sure it isn't bent and that it collapses still. best part it only cost 7 bucks at the pick and pull .

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california

attngtr

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Iowa
Is it just the grand cherokee steel shaft that fits? Is there such a thing as just a cherokee. I found one but they say it is from a 98 cherokee. Will it fit?
Thanks

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I pulled mine from a 91 cherokee. As long as the coupler that connects to the steering wheel shaft is the bigger end and made of steel. I found that there is two different ends, but i have seen that both models seem to use that shaft but some Grand cherokees use the smaller one made of aluminum. I am at work but i will try to post a pic later of the wrong shaft.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor