For those of you over 30 lol you will like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classicpartsmart

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2008
NY
THE SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!!!
If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were.. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning....
Uphill... Barefoot....
BOTH ways
Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that . . . I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!

Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our *ss! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio, and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished, and the tape would come undone. Cause - that's how we rolled, dig?

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! ;You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your *ss and walk over to the TV to change the channel! NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEKfor cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1980 or before!

Regards,
The Over 30 Crowd

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
Preach on brother! :soapbox: You nailed it! Forgot one thing tho how they dress. The pants off the a#$ kills me.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm over 40, so I'd like to say this:

cassette tapes in cars? we had 8-tracks! if you had more than a few in your car, you had luggage in the back seat!

asteroids? I remember when pong was the huge hit! talk about you were a square on the screen!

push button phones were what the rich people had in their homes... we had the rotary dial phones...you'd usually forget the number, or who you were calling half way through...

evryone laughed at import cars, or compact/sub-compact cars. I hear you younger kids seeing these older cars and saying: "how could anyone drive anything that big?"

yes, we were fair game for all the families in the neighborhood to tear our butts up if we acted the fool, then those parents would call our parents, and we'd have another whoopin waiting for us at the door!

one of the most popular toys was lawn darts! safety wasn't a real concern back in our day, just give us 30 pound dartsto throw around!

the front seatbelts in the average family car consisted of mom/dad's arm...

you get the picture :)

all you young'uns can go back to your :roll: now, this old fart is done rambling on!

Classicpartsmart

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 18, 2008
NY
Love it! Lawn darts oh yeah don't you mean little brother darts lol!

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
So true! I love the no mp3's one. :rofl:

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
That is so true. I bought my first CD when I was 19. And cell phones? Nowhere to be seen. I do remember those portable phones, but the were way too expensive for anyone I knew to have one.

Attachments

• IMAG2167.jpg
    IMAG2167.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMAG2166.jpg
    IMAG2166.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 134

waggin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2009
Puget Sound, WA
Oh, this one is too good to pass up!

How about party lines? (For the youngsters, that's phone related, not waiting for your turn at the beer bong.)

Lawn darts: Weren't they called Jarts? I remember playing catch with those. Who said we were smarter back then?

8-track tapes: Ah the pleasure of listening to one song while hearing another in the background. Or when one song was split up between 2 tracks...song fading out, ka-chunk, fading back in.

FM converters: Yeah! Rock on!

Capjr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 15, 2009
United States
OOOh yaa that brings back fond memories. :D But you forgot when cable only cnsisted of HBO <SHOWTIME and CINEMAX.
And we could,nt wait till fri day to catch an adult movie. NO digital B>S like today :rofl:

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
outsider_27 said:
That is so true. I bought my first CD when I was 19. And cell phones? Nowhere to be seen. I do remember those portable phones, but the were way too expensive for anyone I knew to have one.

you mean the ones in the bag the size of a large woman's purse??? :mrgreen:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
ahhh jarts, where the object was to see how close to your brothers head you could throw them.
cell phones that weighed 20lbs, "portable" computers the size of a suitcase, AM only car radios, 11 1/4 floppy discs, betamax vcr's...

and BTW i actually did have to walk 1mi to/from school (middle and high) witha a steep uphill both ways. and we only had the atari 400 and 800's. they even ran off of tape reels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor