For those of you over 30 lol you will like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt79 said:
Wow i never realized how easy I have it. Btw was there anything good about the 80's? I wasn't born.(I'm just A yungin)

TOP 41 of the Memorable 80's

1. G-Body Cars

2. Strawberry Shortcake- Rainbow Bright and Jem

3. Betsy Wetsy-Glow Worms-Pound Puppies-Teddy Ruxpin

4. She ra-He Man-Transformers-GI Joe

5. Cabbage Patch Kids were the first ‘must have toy’ for Christmas in 1983

6. Care bears and My Little Pony

7. Rhinestone Tee Shirts-with Puffy Paint

8. Parachute Pants

9. Scrunch / Slouch Socks

10. Neon Spandex

11. New Kids on the Block

12. Mini Vans

13. Big 80’s Hair

14. Smurfs

15. Monday Night Disney Movie

16. Fraggle Rock

17. Music Videos

18. Michael Jacksons-Thriller (and you knew all the moves)

19. CD’s were introduced to the world in 1982

20. VHS tapes pushed out Betamax (the little tapes)-both were introduced in the late 1970’s but in the 1980’s VHS won…And now most people would say Betamax? What?

21. Camcorders found us in the 1980’s you could make your own home videos without hooking up to a VCR. They were bulky and somewhat heavy…but were available.

22. In the 1980s, the transistor radios of the past evolved into powerful boom-boxes and ghetto-blasters

23. Personal Computers- if you were in grade school I am sure you remember looking forward to that weekly trip down to the computer lab where you and your class sat in front of Computers and played Wagon Trail. The games that within 45min class period your horse died-you lost a wagon wheel and your wife was having twins…

24. Electric Typewriters and Word Processors

25. Slogan Tee Shirts---They got big when Wham wore them

26. Shoulder Pads-the bigger the better

27. Jelly Shoes-

28. Slap Bracelets

29. Converse and Nike…They made hi-tops the cool thing to wear

30. You weren’t anyone unless you had a swatch watch

31. Scrunchies appeared on the market in 1987- what a variety of colorful hair accessories that emphasized the crimped hair you had

32. It wasn’t just the ladies with the memorable hair-boys had ‘rat tails’ and the ever so sexy ‘mullet’

33. Denim Jackets, we all had denim jackets-no matter the age.

34. ‘Gag me with a Spoon’ and ‘Fer Sure’…(1982 Valley Girl)

35. Garbage Pail Kids (I wonder where my collection of cards went?)

36. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- ‘Like Cowabunga Dude’

37. Singlet’s-

38. Atari and the original Nintendo;Somehow, when it wouldn't work/all you had to do was blow into the machine/and the game cartridge-and it was good to go?

39. Then in 1989 Game boy…

40. Pac Man, Frogger, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Tetris and Mrs. Pac Man

41. Books-Sweet Valley High -Judy Blume-Baby Sitters Club

Cd's are that old didnt know that. I remember orogon trail the only thing that sucked was when the teacher seen you playing it.

i dont know if it was mentioned but cant forget about the old beta max vcr's and the remote was wire to it if you could afford 1 with the remote and it was only like 5 feet long and most of the time it wouldnt reach to the chair you were sitting in

Just for the record (pun) I still have a dwell meter just in case.. 8) ..
A couple years ago I went to my nephews baseball game (dont know what league ???) and at the end I asked (sorry after) who won? I got a little distracted... WOW I didnt know everybody won. WHAT the hell is this really you dont want to disapoint them what happens at x-mas or thier b-day do you buy them everything they want so they are not disapointed? :twisted: When I played baseball you bet your *ss it was known when we LOST, NO PIZZA after. Yes I walked to school in elementry grades it was about 3 blocks out the front door and uphill halfway then down so I did walk uphill both ways for a little anyway. Games were outside you made them up your friends were who ever was around that day (whom did there chores)lol. AHH the good ole days :rofl:
wouldn't trade them in..

yeah, we almost never got pizza--even when we did win.
getting what we wanted for b-day or xmas? RIIIGHT!!! i still don't get that and i buy my own presents! 😀
though i got ya beat on the walking. 1mi up and downhill on what i swear was a wind tunnel. i'd freeze my *ss off in the winter!
playing football in random fields was always fun, especially getting tackled onto rocks.

:rofl: I remember getting grounded, I had to stay inside (was pure torture for me, still is, lol), I could watch tv if I wanted, but only because my parents knew I didn't enjoy it :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor