ford 8.8 rear end swap in a gody

Status
Not open for further replies.

kad5118

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2010
I know that the 7.5 rear end is one of the weakest link of the design of the g body .From what i understand now that the modification for the rear end replacement.Is to use the modern ford 8.8 rear end.Is there any one on here that has swapped a ford 8.8 rear end in place of the 7.5 rear.I am interested because i am thinking about going this route but i don't know what is all involved in the swap.

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Some one had posted a place that make all the parts for a little over $200 to make the sway to the mustang 8.8. Sound very simple and cost effective. Heck I spend more than that on a set of Moser Axels.

kad5118

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2010
oh yea man that really would awesome if some one could find that link.I didn't know that they made a kit for this

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
I have yet to do the install but have 99% of what I need to do it. Here's my thread with some info. The trick chassis kit solves the suspension geometry issue with shorter upper control arms and relocation buckets that can be welded or bolted in.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=51874&hilit=t56+ford+8.8#.VDVxDRY0_Kc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor