Frame difference??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
As far as I know, no on the frame it's self.

Depending on the car, there is alot of bracing that was done.

I have seen cars ( both T-top and non T-top) have some or most of the following:

X-brace for the rad support made of aluminum or steel

Brace that ties the front frane rails, parallel to the bumper

2 braces that tie the front frame to the cradle

Fender to rad support braces

Fender to firewall braces

back seat body braces (GN only)

rear frame rail brace, parallel to the rear bumper

Never found any "pattern" from GM on what got what!

I put most of these on my wagon and it made a huge difference in the car.

Start checking the salvage yards,adding them can only do good thing to a t-top car!

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
mine does have the fender to rad support brace. i'd have to check for the others. my car is at my buddies who is 40 miles away so i may get there once a week.

the reason for my question is, i can get a frame cheap at local JY and i was thinking about doing a frame rebuild/restore on a different one while car is getting bodywork/paint done.

not many T top cars in JY's here. have never seen one.

good list of items tho. i'll keep the list and take a look at JY cars for some of these.

i figured w/a little less roof stability, GM may have upgraded elsewhere for stiffness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor