Frame rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I personally have never had to do anything to mine, BUT many people have had to replace theirs due to exposure to the salt/ect. It seems half replace with good originals and half replace with kits you can buy or fabricate yourself, all preference. Come across this gentlemens website, he makes them! Ill send along the link in case you're interested....

***UPDATE...I just deleted the link out of respect to GBODYForum, and G BODY PARTS.COM..IF AND WHEN possible everyone should shop there first to support them, I didn't realize they still have them available at G Body, and they do. Here is THERE link :)

Last edited:

Jeff Laurin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2016
Halifax, Canada
I personally have never had to do anything to mine, BUT many people have had to replace theirs due to exposure to the salt/ect. It seems 1/2 replace with good originals and half replace with kits you can buy or fabricate yourself, all preference. Come across this gentlemens website, he make them! Ill send along the link in case you're interested....

***UPDATE...I just deleted the link out of respect to GBODYForum, and G BODY PARTS.COM..IF AND WHEN possible everyone should shop there first to support them, I didn't realize they still have them available at G Body, and they do. Here is THERE link :)

I personally have never had to do anything to mine, BUT many people have had to replace theirs due to exposure to the salt/ect. It seems half replace with good originals and half replace with kits you can buy or fabricate yourself, all preference. Come across this gentlemens website, he makes them! Ill send along the link in case you're interested....

I have seen that link before, my frame is damaged further forward above the rear axle area. So those rails are to short for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor