Freshmen to Gbodyforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I’m gonna back to the vinyl top. My goal is to make it look like it did back in 82. But if I were to change the windows and not put the vinyl back on do I have to change the rear window moldings too?
If you mean the rear windshield, then yes, they are different for appearance purposes. It would be metal strips with an appearance like around the front windshield.

The side (opera) windows in back have the bigger rubber to seal better against the body, but otherwise it's the same metal trim and such as the landau top ones.

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
If you mean the rear windshield, then yes, they are different for appearance purposes. It would be metal strips with an appearance like around the front windshield.

The side (opera) windows in back have the bigger rubber to seal better against the body, but otherwise it's the same metal trim and such as the landau top ones.
Ok sounds good. Thanks brotha.

DJHull

Master Mechanic
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
What’s up gbody fam! I’m a veteran from Murrieta,CA. Growing up my dad had a 86 Buick Regal Limited in a baby blue/sky blue. Right after high school I joined the Corps and have been trying to buy one since. After a little over 11 years in the Marines I was medically discharged and found this car. Only difference is it’s the base model and it’s an 82, but that doesn’t bother me. My dads health has gone south and has stage 4 cancer, I’m trying fix it as much as I can for him to ride in it and see it. I don’t know how to do any fab or mechanical stuff but I look up a bunch of YouTube videos and the internet has helped me get it running again and get the interior completely re-dyed. It’s looks great! Pictures are coming soon! Next I want to paint it to it’s original color (if anyone knows what color this is that would be great!) and I’m going to put the vinyl top back on and I should be set. The engine is the original and after a carburetor refurb and the norm tune up it runs great. But once it takes a sh*t on my I’m thinking of a small block. But I just want something more reliable than performance. Let me know what y’all think. Semper Fi do or die!
Welcome Fernie365! Thank you for your service and I am sorry about your medical discharge. Tough luck. Hope this car turns it around for you! Nice looking Buick.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor