From Th200 transmission to Th2004r

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrietaz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2009
Canada
:roll: I got a question I need to know before I spend money for nothing. My 85 Regal has a 3.8 with a 3 speed transmission th200.I want to put in a 200r4 in it but I was told the driveshaft needs to be shortned or find one from a Monte carlo SS because they have the right lenght shaft.What is the size diffrence in the two??? I'm also changing the rear end to 3:42 ratio.Does anyone know?

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Both transmissions are the same length, so the drive shaft shouldn't need to be cut. You will need a different cross member as their mounts are in different locations.

chevyss415

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2009
Northern california
Im working on this swap on my 81 regal i did need a new cross member and mount. i used the same linkage system... i have a colom shift. i had to do a few bending here and there, but go it working. do you have a colom or floor shift??

hungrietaz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2009
Canada
chevyss415 said:
Im working on this swap on my 81 regal i did need a new cross member and mount. i used the same linkage system... i have a colom shift. i had to do a few bending here and there, but go it working. do you have a colom or floor shift??
I got a floor shifter did you use the same shaft?

chevyss415

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2009
Northern california
Im working on this swap on my 81 regal i did used a new cross member and mount. i used the same linkage system... i have a colom shift. i had to do a few bending here and there, but go it working. do you have a colom or floor shift??

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You should be good using the same driveshaft. However, If you're installing an 8.5 rear out of a GN, T-Type, H/O, 442 you will need to shorten the driveshaft about an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor