Transmission compatibility?

That's a Buick engine in your car and that TH250 is a chevy bellhousing. Sorry it is of no value to you.
Traded a paper weight for a paper weight lol! Dang it. Guess I'll just have my stock transmission rebuilt. That stinks.

You can use it, get a BOP to chevy bellhousing adapter, cheap ones under $50. The TH250 is plenty behind a 3.8 and other than needing a bellhousing adapter, it is a direct swap. There are universal kick down cables that will work, same as the TH350.

You can use it, get a BOP to chevy bellhousing adapter, cheap ones under $50. The TH250 is plenty behind a 3.8 and other than needing a bellhousing adapter, it is a direct swap. There are universal kick down cables that will work, same as the TH350.
Are those adapters safe to use, especially on a car with hydraulics? As for the kick down cable, forgive my ignorance, does my transmission now have one and I would just need a different one? Last question..would the adapter plate make using my factory cross member an issue? Not sure if it would "push" thr transmission back a little due to plate thickness.

I know the kick down cables are different between a 2004R and TH250/350. Yes it should be just fine with a 6 bolts secured to the engine block.

I know the kick down cables are different between a 2004R and TH250/350. Yes it should be just fine with a 6 bolts secured to the engine block.
Dude that is awesome to hear. You just saved me a lot of money. Will the cross member work still..not sure if it will push back the trans with the adapter plate.

The tab is slotted so you got some leeway...if not, you can extend it some.
20230402_181329-jpg.218732

Yes, the crossmember will fit. It is a fairly thin steel plate with both bolt patterns drilled in. The bottom two bolts are the same, the other 4 are different.

Yes, the crossmember will fit. It is a fairly thin steel plate with both bolt patterns drilled in. The bottom two bolts are the same, the other 4 are different.
Last question! Do I need to do anything to ensure the torque converter engages properly with the adapter adding the thickness. Sorry for all the questions..just wanna do it right the first time.

Where are you located? I have a BOP TH 350 you can have.

Yeah you got a 250. They got put behind Pontiac 301 and Chevy 305. It's not a bad trans, just at rebuild or as it ages you have to check band adjustment. It's lacking the intermediate clutch pack and was replaced by a band. One of the reasons a little more reliable, it that setup doesn't stress the front pump like the 350 does.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Where are you located? I have a BOP TH 350 you can have.

Yeah you got a 250. They got put behind Pontiac 301 and Chevy 305. It's not a bad trans, just at rebuild or as it ages you have to check band adjustment. It's lacking the intermediate clutch pack and was replaced by a band. One of the reasons a little more reliable, it that setup doesn't stress the front pump like the 350 does.
I am in Southern Arizona. About an hour and a half south of the city of Tucson.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor