Front Coil Spring Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 5660 will drop 1" for each 1/4 coil cut. Cutting a spring will raise the spring rate and you can figure out the new spring rate with this is you do cut the spring

https://www.thespringstore.com/spring-rate-calculator.html
Would like to PM you and tell you the old setup and describe our new engine etc. as far as weight difference compared to stock and possibly get your opinion on cutting the springs if thats ok with you...thanks

Would like to PM you and tell you the old setup and describe our new engine etc. as far as weight difference compared to stock and possibly get your opinion on cutting the springs if thats ok with you...thanks

sure

but you would be missing out on the knowledge of some of the guys who can give their input on their experience with springs

• Agree
Reactions: Longroof79
I've got a brand new (never been used) OTC 7045B front coil spring compressor/remover (designed to be used in our G Body's) for sale if anyone is interested.
I'm located in Mississauga, Canada, so shipping isn't gonna be cheap!

View attachment 112758

I’m from Montreal Quebec ! Shipping would not be that extreme. Want to buy one but this is almost a single use tool ... wondering if I should just rent one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sure

but you would be missing out on the knowledge of some of the guys who can give their input on their experience with springs
Ok...I'll post a thread and see what happens.Members here recommended these springs maybe they will chime in...thanks for your input. It's my kids car and he ordered a compressor that will be here tomorrow.Maybe we can get them installed on Sunday.

Reactions: pontiacgp
Ok...I'll post a thread and see what happens.Members here recommended these springs maybe they will chime in...thanks for your input. It's my kids car and he ordered a compressor that will be here tomorrow.Maybe we can get them installed on Sunday.

this is the best forum I have ever seen for the number of responses to a question...for a reference to confirm that just ask MrSony....🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor